+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do Supervisa Applicants need to show funds in their account?

amit_27

Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
Hi,

I am in the process of sponsoring my mom to come to Canada on a Supervisa. And, I was filling out IMM 5257 APPLICATIONS FOR VISITOR VISA (TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA).

Can somebody please advise what we should enter where it asks for "Funds available for my stay (CAD)", in the application?

Do Supervisa applicants need to have funds available in their account? I will be taking full responsibility for her expenses ticket/insurance/food. My mother is not working in India, she is a housewife. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
For a super visa, your finances count more than those of your mom. That said, it won't hurt if your mom is able to prove she has some finances of her own.

She must also prove that she has strong ties/reasons to return to India

amit_27

Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
For a super visa, your finances count more than those of your mom. That said, it won't hurt if your mom is able to prove she has some finances of her own.

Thank you Bryanna! Would it be a problem if she puts 0 in the box?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you Bryanna! Would it be a problem if she puts 0 in the box?
Zero 'Available funds for my visit' = Zero chances of a TRV/Super visa approval (most probably)

Your mom can state the total of all liquid funds: Bank balances + foreign currency + cash (if she has paid taxes + declared the source in the ITRs) + FDs (if not locked-in), etc

amit_27

Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
Zero 'Available funds for my visit' = Zero chances of a TRV/Super visa approval (most probably)

Your mom can state the total of all liquid funds: Bank balances + foreign currency + cash (if she has paid taxes + declared the source in the ITRs) + FDs (if not locked-in), etc
The problem is that my mother has nothing in her name, things like land/property are either in her husband's name or in her in-laws (her husband's father). I am thinking of attaching my Account Summary balance showing that I can take care of all of her expenses. Would you recommend getting an estimate of her jewellery, and submitting those jewellery evaluation proofs along with the supervisa application?

Does my mom need to provide proof of the amount she puts for available funds? For example, if she puts down $8,0000 would she have to show this in proofs?

Thank your for your advice Bryanna!

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The problem is that my mother has nothing in her name, things like land/property are either in her husband's name or in her in-laws (her husband's father).
The stronger her financial dependence on you, the weaker her ties to India would seem to be.

She could include a 'Letter of Financial Support' from her husband + his 6 months' bank statement + his ITRs

I am thinking of attaching my Account Summary balance showing that I can take care of all of her expenses.
It is necessary for you to prove that you meet LICO as the super visa host. You mom still needs to prove she has some finances of her own, however meagre it might be.

Would you recommend getting an estimate of her jewellery, and submitting those jewellery evaluation proofs along with the supervisa application?
You can include the jewelry estimate as one of her 'financial investments'.

However, it is generally understood that no one will sell their jewelry to pay for a visit abroad. So, no, jewelry is not 'liquid funds' + you cannot mention it as 'Funds available for my visit'

Does my mom need to provide proof of the amount she puts for available funds? For example, if she puts down $8,0000 would she have to show this in proofs?
Yes, of course.

No evidence = No truth in that claim

rafayaleem

Nov 5, 2019

So in IMM 5257 (for supervisa) "Funds available for my stay (CAD) , what amount should we put in there ...... her bank balance/savings or my savings (since I am the sponsor)?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
So in IMM 5257 (for supervisa) "Funds available for my stay (CAD) , what amount should we put in there ...... her bank balance/savings or my savings (since I am the sponsor)?
So what amount you put in this section ?

Your parents Saving or Your saving amount of Canada ? and did it worked ? Do you need to provide bank statement also ?
Thanks

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Congratulations! So what's the correct answer to Funds available for my stay (CAD) and what documents did you attach?
Thank you!
It does not matter what amount you entered in this column as It is SV so i tried to enter my Liquid fund in this column
I submitted my Latest NOA, EMP LETTER which show my annual salary. I also submitted bank statement for my parents and Pension letter (Which is actually does not hold any value in case you are applying for S.V.)

Good Luck

AMANK1987

Aug 23, 2020
It does not matter what amount you entered in this column as It is SV so i tried to enter my Liquid fund in this column
I submitted my Latest NOA, EMP LETTER which show my annual salary. I also submitted bank statement for my parents and Pension letter (Which is actually does not hold any value in case you are applying for S.V.)

Good Luck

Good Luck
Question - Do I need to complete IMM5476 if I am submitting the application on behalf of my parents?
CIC says the application should be completed outside of Canada? Does that mean I cannot act as a representative for my parents?
Also, if I am going to pay for the application, is that going to be an issue?
Thanks for your help...

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Question - Do I need to complete IMM5476 if I am submitting the application on behalf of my parents?
CIC says the application should be completed outside of Canada? Does that mean I cannot act as a representative for my parents?
Also, if I am going to pay for the application, is that going to be an issue?
Thanks for your help...
Yes , You can be representative for your parents SV application
In-fact you can fill form and upload on their behalf

Yes you can use your credit card for payment
I did all above in my parent SV so this is proven fact :)

Good Luck

Reactions: find_anand