+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do realtors have the same access to listings?

radicalprotnns

Star Member
Nov 10, 2022
Hi, I recently landed in Toronto and I'm having a hard time looking for an apartment in a neighborhood that I like and close to work and at an acceptable price.

I am currently in touch with a realtor whom I met through a rental posting on Kijiji. He just gave me listings today but none of them contained what he was posting on in Kijiji and which I inquired about.

On condos.ca, I see some units that I like. Do all realtors have access to the units at condos.ca? Or is it just the broker listed for the particular unit at condos.ca who's in-charge of it?

I am asking because I want to point out a few units at condos.ca that I like to my realtor but I wanted to check that it's not a red flag. The problem is, almost all of the units I like in condos.ca have the same broker. I don't know if this is only a coincidence.

Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I recently landed in Toronto and I'm having a hard time looking for an apartment in a neighborhood that I like and close to work and at an acceptable price.

I am currently in touch with a realtor whom I met through a rental posting on Kijiji. He just gave me listings today but none of them contained what he was posting on in Kijiji and which I inquired about.

On condos.ca, I see some units that I like. Do all realtors have access to the units at condos.ca? Or is it just the broker listed for the particular unit at condos.ca who's in-charge of it?

I am asking because I want to point out a few units at condos.ca that I like to my realtor but I wanted to check that it's not a red flag. The problem is, almost all of the units I like in condos.ca have the same broker. I don't know if this is only a coincidence.

Thanks!
I think it's just the listing broker, although other brokers might be able to provide assistance (usually for a price if the listing broker accept to pay him/her). If I am the landlord, I would only give access to one broker try to rent out my unit.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

Thanks!
If you are looking at listings for sale then generally the listing agent(condos.ca) in this case also lists it on MLS which all agents have access to. That way it provides more exposure for the seller. I wouldn't hesitate to tell your realtor you want to look at those properties. Also you can also contact them yourself to inquire, being a buyer you are not obligated to only deal with one realtor like you are if you are selling a property.

eccv

Star Member
Sep 9, 2023
You can check if your realtor is registered at https://www.reco.on.ca/RegistrantSearch

Realtors have access to new listings a few days before the public. Also realtors tend to sell properties from their preferred neighborhoods, so it's pretty common for multiple listings under a single realtor.