+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do points update after changes in the profile?

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
Good evening everyone,
I just created a new profile. After I submitted it, I realized that I made a mistake as my points were way too low. After I re-submitted everything the points still didn't change.
Does anyone know if the points maybe only update later?
Thanks for your help! Nicole

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Nicole, you will have to wait about 24 hours for the points to be updated. It may be sooner but that is the general timeline. Good luck.

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
Thank you so much! I was freaking out and update my profile like at least 10 times!
Appreciate the assistance!

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
Thank you so much! I was freaking out and update my profile like at least 10 times!
Just one last question: I turned a year older in September and this costs me 5 points. I'm still in the 18-35 range, shouldn't these points change at all?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Nicoletta said:
Just one last question: I turned a year older in September and this costs me 5 points. I'm still in the 18-35 range, shouldn't these points change at all?
It won't change your FSWP score, but you will get 5 fewer points in Express Entry CRS.

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
Thank you Bellaluna! You guys here are amazing.
Pretty frustrating as I already got my ita and then after I submitted everything, it got marked as expired two days later. I submitted a ticket but as I'm not sure if they will do anything about it, I created a new profile today. Unfortunately all this happened in October and my birthday was in September :(

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand your frustration, Nicole. My experience was submitting my profile 5 hrs too late on Oct 2. I have a score of 486 but unfortunately the ITA's went to people who had a score of 450+ on or after 12:30 pm (or thereabouts). The next draw on 23 Oct is when I missed out by 3 points.

This forum has been a great source of therapy for me after Nov 23 as I was so upset. I think everyone on here is a great source of support. Hopefully many of us get picked for an ITA if there is a draw in November.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I meant after the Oct 23 draw. Getting ahead of myself.

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
Thanks JoacRy, indeed you guys are great!
So my points did not get updated over night :(
I assume I withdraw this profile and register a new one?
Thanks Nicole

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Nicole, very strange that there was no update. If there is no update after 24 hrs then I would re-create your profile. The only thing I would say is when I created my profile on 2 October it was 5hrs late for the draw as they take people at 12:30 (or thereabouts).

In my opinion wait and see if there is a draw today. Who knows with the points you have you may get an ITA if there is a draw today. If no draw today, then re-create a profile late today or on the weekend.

Just my thoughts.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PS another thing with the 'website maintenance' yesterday you don't want to risk the fact the update may take a little longer and potentially you miss out on ITA if they have a draw today.

Just out of interest can you please post your timeline/CRS score if you don't mind?

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
Hi,
I received my initial IAT in August, submitted all docs on day 60 (Oct. 20). On Oct. 22 I got an email telling me my IAT has expired. I called CIC and they told me to issue a ticket if not update within a week or two. I did this yesterday but issued a new profile at the same time because I expected a draw today.
My fiancé helped me with my initial profile and I got to 466 points. Yesterday when I did it I only came to 438 points. As nothing has changed but my age I still should be at 461. So I made a couple of changed to see if this changes anything but the points always came up with 438. Unfortunately it won't let me access the expired application anymore. I can only see that I'm loosing a lot of points for my work experience and the other one that contains the work experience, sorry I forgot the name.
So I have no idea why I am loosing so many points here which is really frustrating as my fiancé is at an area with no internet and unable to check it :(

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's very strange. Is there no 'View submitted profile' button? Try logging out and then logging in again.

If you still can't see your profile then unfortunately you will have to re-create. But do it immediately. The way the legislation is written if you have the score allowing you to get an ITA but fall after that 12:30 time you will not be selected.

Good luck let me know how it goes.

Nicoletta

Nov 5, 2015
There is this button but when I click on it all I get it the point summary. I can't see the individual information per tab. It's really frustrating because with the points I am missing I would be over 450 and therefor wouldn't really have to worry about being invited again.
Is there anyone who would be able to check the entry to see if I am missing something?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Nicole, hope you had a good day. Were you able to update your profile/create a new profile? If not let me know, and I will try to help as best I can.