+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do physicians check for scars during medical exam?

xixilucy

Jul 19, 2014
I have a congenital hip problem that went thru surgery 20years ago, I'm not receiving any treatment now but cannot engage in excessive walking or running, I would expect a hip replacement in another 20 yrs or so. I was wondering if I should tell the doctors about my condition if they don't physically check for scars? I worry that if I do tell my condition they will sign a fairness letter, the outcome of which really is kinda unpredicatable.

Anyone had similar condition or any advise? Thank you.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xixilucy said:
I have a congenital hip problem that went thru surgery 20years ago, I'm not receiving any treatment now but cannot engage in excessive walking or running, I would expect a hip replacement in another 20 yrs or so. I was wondering if I should tell the doctors about my condition if they don't physically check for scars? I worry that if I do tell my condition they will sign a fairness letter, the outcome of which really is kinda unpredicatable.

Anyone had similar condition or any advise? Thank you.
Doctor will ask you about previous surgeries. I will recommend you to give details about your hip replacement surgery. It will not impact your application.

xixilucy

Jul 19, 2014
explorer101 said:
Doctor will ask you about previous surgeries. I will recommend you to give details about your hip replacement surgery. It will not impact your application.
thank you explorer101, just wanted to know if you know anyone of similar medical history, past surgery, etc that passed the ME? thanks again.