+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do Payslips need autorization?

ay238

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
I have only 4 days left to complete upload of all documents :'(
The only thing pending is payslips. The Roles and Responsibilities document I received does not show Annual Pay. I attached (merged) my latest Annual compensation letter to make up for it. Then I attached Pay slips for last 4 months and one payslip for each of the last 6 years of service. Then I noticed/realized all these documents are computer generated PDF (not scans), and the payslips specifically state that they are generated by computer and not authorized. Everything is on letter head but all of it is computer generated. Does this seem to be a problem? Should I attach Form 16 (Tax deductions form from employer). Really worried, I was hoping to finish everything today.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
ay238 said:
I have only 4 days left to complete upload of all documents :'(
The only thing pending is payslips. The Roles and Responsibilities document I received does not show Annual Pay. I attached (merged) my latest Annual compensation letter to make up for it. Then I attached Pay slips for last 4 months and one payslip for each of the last 6 years of service. Then I noticed/realized all these documents are computer generated PDF (not scans), and the payslips specifically state that they are generated by computer and not authorized. Everything is on letter head but all of it is computer generated. Does this seem to be a problem? Should I attach Form 16 (Tax deductions form from employer). Really worried, I was hoping to finish everything today.
Yes. Form 16 would be nice. I also attached the same. The pay slips ideally should have sign & stamp of the concerning officer. You ask your employer if they could sign-stamp them for you. Otherwise, submit the as they are.

ay238

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Thanks for your reply. Did your reference letter have annual pay mentioned, I am worried because mine does not.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
ay238 said:
Thanks for your reply. Did your reference letter have annual pay mentioned, I am worried because mine does not.
I would not worry about the stamp on the payslips. Now a days most companies are doing that and especially if its a previous employment, it is next to impossible to ask your HR to stamp old payslips.

If your letter does not have salary, that is fine. Many companies will never mention it. What you are doing is ok - Form 16 and payslips for the last working period. Don't sweat about it.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
ay238 said:
No, my reference letter didn't mention annual pay. But, for the proof of my income, I'd submitted my pay stubs, statements of bank account and also Form 16 of income tax department, India, which included my income & tax paid.

ay238

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Thanks for all your help guys. One last question. Do I need to give info in LOE for this?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
ay238 said:
Thanks for all your help guys. One last question. Do I need to give info in LOE for this?
No, you don't need to give explanation for not having signed pay stubs.

Nishita0107

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
hi ay238, Can you please confirm if your application finally got approved using those pay slips and Form 16?
Answering because I've gone through this recently. My reference letter did not mention annual pay. To support the same, I've attached Pay slips (first and last 3 months) along with revised pay and promotion letters.

vikramk5

Jul 31, 2018
Yes! This month.
Great, thanks for confirming.
Another question, did they ask for Original documents to be submitted anywhere in the process? I am assuming that you haven't collected your PR in person yet. Are you aware if you need to carry all original documents when you go there to collect PR?

Nishita0107

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Great, thanks for confirming.
Another question, did they ask for Original documents to be submitted anywhere in the process? I am assuming that you haven't collected your PR in person yet. Are you aware if you need to carry all original documents when you go there to collect PR?
Collect PR as in PR card after you land in Canada?

Or you mean the stamped passport along with confirmation of PR?

vikramk5

Jul 31, 2018
Collect PR as in PR card after you land in Canada?

Or you mean the stamped passport along with confirmation of PR?
Yes I meant, Collect PR after you land in Canada?
Or for that matter, even at the time of collecting stamped passport, did you have to produce/submit all originals?

Nishita0107

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018

Yes I meant, Collect PR after you land in Canada?
Or for that matter, even at the time of collecting stamped passport, did you have to produce/submit all originals?
I have not landed in Canada yet. So I haven't applied for the PR card.

I did submit my original passport at the VFS center. They only asked for a print of the Passport request email and the passport.

Opted for courier service and had the stamped passport and COPR delivered.

Reactions: vikramk5