+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do not receive the PR card after landed two months

linyaoting

Jul 21, 2018
My wife and child(3-years-old) landed on May 24, 2018. My child received his PR card on July 13, 2018. However, my wife's PR card has not received yet. So I linked my child and wife applications yesterday. And I found there was something different.
1. My wife and child the current status are: "Submitted".
2. The different is: After I clicked the "Check full application status". My child show is final. I also can see the "Expiry date" and "Status Updated Date". However, my wife's current status is "in progress" and still in reviewing the eligibility requirements.
This is almost two months after first landing, and my wife PR card application still in process. Is this normal? Or is there someone has the same situation for us?
Thank you!:)

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Be patient....your wife PR Card will arrive.....the current processing time for New PR Card is 61days......expect your wife PR card soon or after July 25th.

Permanent Resident cards
First PR card
61 days

Check application processing times

If you don't receive your wife PR card by end of next week.......call IRCC 1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday.

Reactions: linyaoting

linyaoting

Jul 21, 2018
Be patient....your wife PR Card will arrive.....the current processing time for New PR Card is 61days......expect your wife PR card soon or after July 25th.

Permanent Resident cards
First PR card
61 days

Check application processing times

If you don't receive your wife PR card by end of next week.......call IRCC 1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday.
Thank you so much~ I'll wait for that day...

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I would give it at least until mid-late August! Yes, they quote a turnaround time of 61 days, but I think this is 61 days from receipt of your application in the processing centre in Nova Scotia (allow CBSA a week to get it there from your point of landing), then allow another 1 / 2 weeks at the end for them to get it pressed (some high security measures on the plastic card) then to get to you in Canada Post! Ours took 3 months from landing to receipt when they were quoting 45 days turnaround!

Reactions: linyaoting

linyaoting

Jul 21, 2018
I would give it at least until mid-late August! Yes, they quote a turnaround time of 61 days, but I think this is 61 days from receipt of your application in the processing centre in Nova Scotia (allow CBSA a week to get it there from your point of landing), then allow another 1 / 2 weeks at the end for them to get it pressed (some high security measures on the plastic card) then to get to you in Canada Post! Ours took 3 months from landing to receipt when they were quoting 45 days turnaround!
Thanks for your reply and share your information with me.
I check the received date online with my linked the application. My child received date is "May 24, 2018" and my wife's application received date is "May 25, 2018". Later one day, my child received the PR card, but my wife's application still in processing. So I have a strange feeling, and I want to ask if anyone has the same experience because I ask my friend, and they received his child and wife's PR card at the same time with separate envelope. I know they are the separate application. However, one was final and received the PR card, the other one is still in reviewing the eligibility. lol

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018
Dear all, I am facing same issue of PR cards not received.
First soft landing done in last week of Oct-20198.
Received PR card for my son in mid-Jan-2019. But PR cards for me and wife still not received.
I am continuously calling this number 1-888-242-2100 , but it's not being answered by anyone.

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018
Dear all, I am facing same issue of PR cards not received.
First soft landing done in last week of Oct-20198.
Received PR card for my son in mid-Jan-2019. But PR cards for me and wife still not received.
I am continuously calling this number 1-888-242-2100 , but it's not being answered by anyone.
I am currently not in Canada. What are my options if i have to travel to Canada without PR cards with me ?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I am currently not in Canada. What are my options if i have to travel to Canada without PR cards with me ?
1. Apply for a PRTD (Permanent residents Travel Document) from your local Canadian VO

Or

2. Fly to the US and cross into Canada via private transport at a land border

wamcee

Jan 13, 2019
Hi, I havent received PR card even post 45 days and when I check the status online, it says we cannot identify your information and this could be because a) you would have entered incorrect information b) We haven't started processing your application.

The processing time shown currently is 11 days and now I am worried on how my application is not even trackable with all possible details i.e. COPR number, Unique Client Identifier etc.

What are the possible solutions for me now?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi, I havent received PR card even post 45 days and when I check the status online, it says we cannot identify your information and this could be because a) you would have entered incorrect information b) We haven't started processing your application.

The processing time shown currently is 11 days and now I am worried on how my application is not even trackable with all possible details i.e. COPR number, Unique Client Identifier etc.

Call IRCC and ask. They will be able to give you more info.

Reactions: wamcee

wamcee

Jan 13, 2019
Call IRCC and ask. They will be able to give you more info.
Thank you. I have completed soft landing and I am currently outside Canada. Can I still call them? Or is there any other way to reach out to them for the status?

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017

I am exactly in the same boat, I did my landing on 31st May 2019, (crossed the border by Land from US--> Canada). I have not received our PR cards yet. When I try looking my status online the site says "we cannot identify your information and this could be because a) you would have entered incorrect information b) We haven't started processing your application."

I just notified IRCC about the situation using the web form :http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Last edited:

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
Thank you. I have completed soft landing and I am currently outside Canada. Can I still call them? Or is there any other way to reach out to them for the status?

Hey Wamcee, any luck with contacting the CIC via phone or web ? Lets keep each other posted since we are facing the issue.
Cheers!

Alfrank

Nov 3, 2017
So, I called IRCC, got through an agent (after some waiting) . They mentioned that there was no address on my file (which is surprising), got my address updated . They should be mailing out the cards within a few weeks.

Also, the agent mentioned that there is no way to track the Initial PR Card online.