+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO NOT MOVE TO ALBERTA FOR NOMINATION !!!!!! INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS | PGWP !!!

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Doppel91 said:
Dell,

I would like to ask about Ontario PNP. Since you already graduated from Ontario, why didnt you opt for ON PNP program. I myself will be starting my Masters from McMaster in this fall. There is a mention on Ontario Immig. Website that if you are a masters graduate and that your program is atleast one year, you are eligible to apply for PR and you dont even need to have a job offer for that. Thats what I plan to go for in late 2016 as my masters program is of 1 year. Howcome you didnt go for it?

Your response would be much appreciated.
I did 8 month PG certificate program not MASTERS that's why i didn't do it. AB had the least processing time at that time so i decided to move here but it's been 13 months haven't heard anything yet lol.
I'm trying my luck with Express Entry. if i don't get anything within 6 months. then i'll probably apply for OPNP Masters stream http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html
Let's see how things work out :)

Important1!

Apr 19, 2014
dell2 said:
I did 8 month PG certificate program not MASTERS that's why i didn't do it. AB had the least processing time at that time so i decided to move here but it's been 13 months haven't heard anything yet lol.
I'm trying my luck with Express Entry. if i don't get anything within 6 months. then i'll probably apply for OPNP Masters stream http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html
Let's see how things work out :)
SO if you did only 8months that means you hsvr like a year pgwp,how have you waited 13months in the country then,have you thought about the option of LMIA... i hope you get good news soon,and again how can you apply for OPNP masters stream, if you did not do masters

xaviers

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Doppel91 said:
Dell,

I would like to ask about Ontario PNP. Since you already graduated from Ontario, why didnt you opt for ON PNP program. I myself will be starting my Masters from McMaster in this fall. There is a mention on Ontario Immig. Website that if you are a masters graduate and that your program is atleast one year, you are eligible to apply for PR and you dont even need to have a job offer for that. Thats what I plan to go for in late 2016 as my masters program is of 1 year. Howcome you didnt go for it?

can you please paste the link.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Doppel91 said:
Dell,

Just to let you know that its a pilot program (temporary) and can be shut down at any time.

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
dell2 said:
Don't move to AB for nomination. i know its a great province but govt. here sucks and they don't care about you at all.
you're better off moving to SK, MB or BC. very supportive govt. for nomination. but AB sucks

GOOD LUCK
PM if any questions.
That's very true!

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Important1! said:
SO if you did only 8months that means you hsvr like a year pgwp,how have you waited 13months in the country then,have you thought about the option of LMIA... i hope you get good news soon,and again how can you apply for OPNP masters stream, if you did not do masters
yes i had 1 yr WP. i applied for Extension of WP (Paper Application) which took 3 months then it got denied then i applied visitors. LMIA is not easy, got denied 1st time. Maybe my employer will apply again.
I can study Masters in Ontario again but I've to give GMAT first, then apply for OPNP if program (Pilot) is still active by that time.

Doppel91

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-06-2015 inshAllah
That I do keep in mind. I can only hope that it doesnt end by the time I will be in my final semester. There is a mention of 2500 quota for 2014 applicants. Is there anything announced for 2015 at the moment?

J5M said:
Hi,

Just to let you know that its a pilot program (temporary) and can be shut down at any time.

Doppel91

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-06-2015 inshAllah
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html

xaviers said:
can you please paste the link.

Dame Rich

Apr 24, 2015
dell2 said:
Don't move to AB for nomination. i know its a great province but govt. here sucks and they don't care about you at all.
you're better off moving to SK, MB or BC. very supportive govt. for nomination. but AB sucks

GOOD LUCK
PM if any questions.
Thank you for this information. I was considering this move but after reading about your experience I think I'll go to school elsewhere...

lorne

May 19, 2015
i recently came accross your post on the site and thank you again for taking the time and for sharing your experience.
i recently graduate in business management in london and due to the job market and difficulties in getting jobs i would like to move to canada to pursue either a master or a graduate diploma with the intention to later apply for PR.
please i would like to seek your advice upon which field is best for me to apply related to my previous background in business and which province would it be best for me to study and to later apply for PR.
thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon, feel free to add me on what app 00447426041195

nidhi777

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I AM PLANNING TO MOVE TO ALBERTA,GOT ACCEPTANCE FROM NAIT.,,,NOW I M SEEING THIS POST....!!!
WHATS THE STATUS NOW?
MY PROGRAM IS OF 2 YEARS WITH COOP(OPTIONAL),WHAT SHOULD I DO,,,,SHOULD I GO TO ALBERTA(EDMONTON)?????????????

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
nidhi777 said:
I AM PLANNING TO MOVE TO ALBERTA,GOT ACCEPTANCE FROM NAIT.,,,NOW I M SEEING THIS POST....!!!
WHATS THE STATUS NOW?
MY PROGRAM IS OF 2 YEARS WITH COOP(OPTIONAL),WHAT SHOULD I DO,,,,SHOULD I GO TO ALBERTA(EDMONTON)?????????????
Just move to another province after your course completes.

balongskija

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
N/a
AOR Received.
13-03-2018
Med's Request
27-06-2018
Med's Done....
08-07-2018
LANDED..........
24-05-2019
Hello Everyone,

I am a worker here in Canada at the moment, just for info my work permit will expire January of 27, 2016. I just received my letter acceptance from one of the institutions designated by CIC. Now, I have a few questions which I hope you guys could help me.

-is it okay to apply for my study permit as early as now?
-what happens with my current work permit if I get a study permit before my work permit expiry?
-can I work while waiting before the class intake? (Class Starts April 2016)
-for the proof of funds, how long is the money supposed to be in my account? because my plan is, instead of having my parents send me a bank certificate, I will instead just ask them send the money to me and deposit it into my account- is it a better idea?
-do I have to take medical even if Im in canada?
-and also, do I have to have a consultant? - honestly as i was reading all the instructions on how to apply, I felt like I can do it myself, that's why. Yet, of course I do have tons of questions.

any reply is highly appreciated, if you could e mail me back as well, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT TOO! balongskija @ aol.com

Cheers y'all!

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
dell2 said:
yes i had 1 yr WP. i applied for Extension of WP (Paper Application) which took 3 months then it got denied then i applied visitors. LMIA is not easy, got denied 1st time. Maybe my employer will apply again.
I can study Masters in Ontario again but I've to give GMAT first, then apply for OPNP if program (Pilot) is still active by that time.
l
Hi dell. May I ask how come your WP is 1 year long although your program is 8 months only? I thought it says on the site that the WP length won't exceed the length of the program.