+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do not meet residency obligations/PR renewal

peterd

Dec 14, 2016
Hi. Please help in my situation
I with my husband and minor obtained PR in February 2011.
After 1 month in Canada I went back to home country with my son due my mom sickness. Nobody else was able to take care of my mother in absence of me. I visited my husband in Canada one time for 3 weeks with my son in 2014 and my husband visited us in 2013 for 3 months. Once my sister’s mother-in-law died in 2015 she and her family agreed to take care about our mother so I was able to join my husband in Canada in April 2015. In August 2015 I started English courses, in 2016 my husband and son (now 16 years old) obtained citizenship, I found a job and we bought a house. I applied to renew my PR in August 2016 because I was afraid something going to happen with my mother and I will need to visit her. I provided a document from my country authority which says I took care about my mother for 3 years (she is 80 and blind).
2 weeks ago I received IMM 5511 from local CIC where they request me to provide in 30 days information like all periods when I have been physically present in Canada, absent from Canada and if, as in my case, the total number of days are less than 730 days (I’m 3 months short)

My questions are:
Is it possible to withdraw my application and apply after I will stay 730 days or it is too late ?
Can my son’s or husband’s status help me somehow?
What else can help me to stay with my family in Canada?

Thank you.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
First of all why did you apply for renewal if you know 730 days are not finished. Did you check with family and friends or atleast in forum?. I'm not sure if it come under H&C considerations.check if you can withdraw in this scenario not sure

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
peterd said:
Thank you.
First do not worry.

Your situation is giving you many possibilities to ensure that you will be able to stay in Canada.

First, you will need to reply and show that yes you did not meet the requirements, when you do so, you will need to provide support for the reason you could not meet the requirements and your mother being sick and with no one else able to take care of her is usually an acceptable reason for IRCC (there is no clear cut to guarantee, but it is part of the reasons at least considered). Further, the fact that as soon as someone else was able to take care of her, you cam back to Canada will only help your H&C case. You will need to provide documentation of those facts.

The reason i encourage you to not panic is that not only do you have some positive factors for an H&C case, your husband is also now a citizen and therefore, also it may not be a determining factor for your H&C case (but it may still help you), if everything else fails and you were to lose your PR, your husband would be able to sponsor you and you will be able to get back your PR fairly soon after, with some options for you to even likely remain in Canada.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Naheulbeuck said:
First do not worry.

Your situation is giving you many possibilities to ensure that you will be able to stay in Canada.

First, you will need to reply and show that yes you did not meet the requirements, when you do so, you will need to provide support for the reason you could not meet the requirements and your mother being sick and with no one else able to take care of her is usually an acceptable reason for IRCC (there is no clear cut to guarantee, but it is part of the reasons at least considered). Further, the fact that as soon as someone else was able to take care of her, you cam back to Canada will only help your H&C case. You will need to provide documentation of those facts.

The reason i encourage you to not panic is that not only do you have some positive factors for an H&C case, your husband is also now a citizen and therefore, also it may not be a determining factor for your H&C case (but it may still help you), if everything else fails and you were to lose your PR, your husband would be able to sponsor you and you will be able to get back your PR fairly soon after, with some options for you to even likely remain in Canada.

How does the sponsor procedure work? How long will it take? I am in the similar situation but I didn't know I was 4 days short. I found out now when ircc sent me RQ to fill out and send in 30 days

peterd

Dec 14, 2016
I'm going to send a withdraw letter but I'm not sure where can I start : is it enough to use IRCC Webform or should I send a letter to CIC in Sydney and local CIC office (Vancouver)?
CIC will send me withdraw confirmation letter, it will take approx 3-4 weeks and only 2 weeks left to send requested IMM 5511 to the local CIC office .
So, should I send IMM 5511 in 2 weeks or wait for withdraw confirmation letter ?