+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO NOT APPLY WITH LESS THAN 1095 DAYS (READ MINE)

stone8198

May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
This post is just to inform you no matter what happens, do not apply with less physical presence days.
Time line:
Applied: May 21, 2015
AOR: July 8th
IP: July 15th
Nothing after that.

I have sent several requested for urgent processing to the local office, coz of unfortunate circumstances, medical emergency and not being able to get current passport.
I work in a business where i have to travel no matter what. Even though i stay for another 10years i would not be able to fulfill residency requirements. So i applied with the days i had, explaining nature of my work, with all relevant documents.

Nothing works, Even june applicants got oath dates, i haven't even received test date so far.

This is an honest advice, do not apply, under any circumstances if you do not have physical days. I have spoken to many lawyers, consultants. The only reason they told me is the number of days.

All the best to all of you,

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Well... under the new provisions you absolutely cannot apply with less than the required days, anyway. It's not even analyzed.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's too early for you decide about what may happen in your case! I applied in May too, processing started in July, nothing after that... I have 1200+ days.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
stone8198 said:
Hello all,
This post is just to inform you no matter what happens, do not apply with less physical presence days.
Time line:
Nothing after that.

I have sent several requested for urgent processing to the local office, coz of unfortunate circumstances, medical emergency and not being able to get current passport.
I work in a business where i have to travel no matter what. Even though i stay for another 10years i would not be able to fulfill residency requirements. So i applied with the days i had, explaining nature of my work, with all relevant documents.

Nothing works, Even june applicants got oath dates, i haven't even received test date so far.

This is an honest advice, do not apply, under any circumstances if you do not have physical days. I have spoken to many lawyers, consultants. The only reason they told me is the number of days.

Yep they are pretty strict about the residency requirements. Having said that lets not get ahead of the game, you have explained them the nature of your work and the situation you are in. Now depending on how many days you are short and how strong your reasoning is, they will eventually analyze your case and make their decision. May be they are validating what you have claimed and which might be the reason why your case is taking longer than others. Sit tight and wait for them to contact you. CIC is pretty dark, no one knows, how, when, why they do things the way they do.
I am still following cases from 2011 & 2012 who were issued RQs and are still waiting for their oaths their cases are still 'In Process'. So you are no where near those applicants and well within CICs new timeline of 12 months or less.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stone8198 said:
Hello all,
Time line:
Nothing after that.

Hey stone! It's premature to think they accept your reason or not. Yet there are hundreds of people who applied earlier than you, have their status as 'IP' and did not get an answer, particularly if you are from GTA or east coast. On the other hand you are right that it becomes tedious with application having lesser nmber of days.

stone8198

May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response guys. And accept my apologies for the late reply.

As far as i know, having less physical days leads to Citizenship Judge Hearing, which leads to addition of number of months to the processing time. Secondly, the application becomes non-routine which means 36months of processing.

I am glad to have come across your replies to stay positive. There are not many people on this forum that i can connect with who have less number of days. The best part of all of this is I have studied immigration law myself, that is why i highly recommended people not to apply without having days.

The law does not say, people cannot apply with less days, they can. But it may take longer for officers/Judge to assess the file to why the applicant has less number of days.

Anybody who applied with less days wana share their experience?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
You applied in July of this year and are freaking out you haven't had a test yet? People have waited years for the test in recent history. I don't know if you applied under the old or new law, but if you applied under the old law and your job is such that you would never qualify for citizenship based on physical presence alone, but you have strong ties to Canada nonetheless--you might have a shot. Your case is a good example of why the change from residence to physical presence is probably a bad idea.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
stone8198 said:
Thanks for the response guys. And accept my apologies for the late reply.

As far as i know, having less physical days leads to Citizenship Judge Hearing, which leads to addition of number of months to the processing time. Secondly, the application becomes non-routine which means 36months of processing.

I am glad to have come across your replies to stay positive. There are not many people on this forum that i can connect with who have less number of days. The best part of all of this is I have studied immigration law myself, that is why i highly recommended people not to apply without having days.

The law does not say, people cannot apply with less days, they can. But it may take longer for officers/Judge to assess the file to why the applicant has less number of days.

Anybody who applied with less days wana share their experience?

I completely agree with you. Being in similar situation like yours, working overseas, I relied on attorney's services, who made huge blunder in calculating my number physical days and applied with less than 2 months.

CIC after dragged the process for 4 years up to Citizenship judge, who refused to even review tons of evidence of my ties to country and coaxed me to withdraw application.

After wasting lot of time hoping the judge would consider my strong ties, I forced to re-apply. Had I realized CIC waste applicants time, they might as well, graciously withdraw and re-apply after accumulating at least a month more than required days.

My intention is NOT to scare or disappoint others but wanted to share my pain and save your time.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I completely agree with you. Being in similar situation like yours, working overseas, I relied on attorney's services, who made huge blunder in calculating my number physical days and applied with less than 2 months.

CIC after dragged the process for 4 years up to Citizenship judge, who refused to even review tons of evidence of my ties to country and coaxed me to withdraw application.

After wasting lot of time hoping the judge would consider my strong ties, I forced to re-apply. Had I realized CIC waste applicants time, they might as well, graciously withdraw and re-apply after accumulating at least a month more than required days.

My intention is NOT to scare or disappoint others but wanted to share my pain and save your time.
Man... two months?!?!?! You should have withdraw the application as soon as you realized the mistake.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Also, I hope you didn't pay your (VERY) incompetent attorney.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Some attorneys are really bad and just take your money. Buyer beware when it comes to legal services......

neo_baron

Oct 27, 2015
My fiancee miscalculated the days and found out she submitted her application with less than 1095 days after sending it in. It took over 3.5 years to process and an RQ (including over 2 years without any news from CIC), but she did not have to see a judge and her oath ceremony has been scheduled for next week, so she will soon become a Canadian. It's true that applying under 1095 days will most likely result in a RQ, long processing time, judge hearing and potential denial, but that's not always the case as per her application. Instead of freaking out, we decided not to go after lawyers and let life take its course with a dose of patience (what else could we do?). Eventually, everything worked out. Worst case scenario, we knew she'd have to reapply, in which case we would have done it once the application had been rejected (which thankfully never happened).

You can read the details on that here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/2011-and-2012-applicants-t268360.555.html

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
links18 said:
Some attorneys are really bad and just take your money. Buyer beware when it comes to legal services......
But doesn't exist some law to protect the client? I mean, the guy clearly did a very shitty job and brought a LOT of trouble to the client.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
neo_baron said:
(what else could we do?).
She could have withdraw the application and re-apply with the correct residency time. Instead of taking 3.5 years, it would have taken one year tops.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bigudi said:
But doesn't exist some law to protect the client? I mean, the guy clearly did a very *censored word* job and brought a LOT of trouble to the client.
You can report the consultant or laywer to their regulatory body. However this doesn't change the outcome of the citizenship application. The person applying is responsible for ensuring all of the information in the application is accurate before they sign.