+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO my wife would get dependent visa if my EE application is still under process

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIDD007 said:
Ok. Is there any specific amount you would recommend for POF for her? Just to make sure i have enough.
Also, i had done my PCC from my own country i.e India and not from consulate here in Ottawa. Is that a problem you think?

Thanks
You'll have to show POF for 2 people instead of a single applicant. I believe it is $ 15143 now.

PCC won't be a cause for concern.

SIDD007

Dec 18, 2015
Thanks.
Before getting PR and activating the status (landing), can i add my wifes name into application or it has to be before getting PR?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIDD007 said:
Thanks.
Before getting PR and activating the status (landing), can i add my wifes name into application or it has to be before getting PR?

Thanks
Any time before landing.

SIDD007

Dec 18, 2015
@sivad Anac. Thanks a lot for all your help.
COuld you please tell me the procedure to add my wife after getting married into my application?
Also will we both get PR status at same time or i would get it earlier and she has to wait?
What is the timeline?

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIDD007 said:
@sivad Anac. Thanks a lot for all your help.
COuld you please tell me the procedure to add my wife after getting married into my application?
Also will we both get PR status at same time or i would get it earlier and she has to wait?
What is the timeline?

Thanks in advance.
If you get married AFTER submitting your post ITA application, you can add your spouse to the same application. CIC will process that request, ask for additional documents (medicals and PCCs) and issue PR visa (if applicable) and COPR to both of you at the same time.

SIDD007

Dec 18, 2015
Thanks
Consider i add my wifes name in my application . Will she able to enter canada on visitors visa without any problem by immigration officers while i am still awaiting a decision on our PR application or we have NOT landed as permanent residents?
In short, will she able to enter Canada as visitor while decision on our file has yet to be made?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIDD007 said:
Thanks
Consider i add my wifes name in my application . Will she able to enter canada on visitors visa without any problem by immigration officers while i am still awaiting a decision on our PR application or we have NOT landed as permanent residents?
In short, will she able to enter Canada as visitor while decision on our file has yet to be made?

Thanks
That'll require them to file a separate application for visitor's visa which will be processed on its own merits.

SIDD007

Dec 18, 2015
Yes. But will her entering in canada as a visitor will be a problem while her file is under scrutiny for PR? Offcourse she has valid visitors visa with her.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIDD007 said:
Yes. But will her entering in canada as a visitor will be a problem while her file is under scrutiny for PR? Offcourse she has valid visitors visa with her.

Thanks
No impact on PR application. You can inform CIC about this by sending an address update via CSE.