+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I still have implied status after receiving CoPR?

superrowen

Apr 5, 2018
Hi all,

I just received my CoPR and my current work permit expires in 2 weeks.

Before receiving the CoPR I had applied for BOWP. This was good for implied status while waiting for a PR decision.

I was hoping to have the BOWP before CoPR as I travel back home to Ireland in 4 weeks (after the current work permit expires).

Preferably I would just activate my PR in 4 weeks but I am not sure if I am covered under implied status to stay in Canada till then. This would be the ideal situation as I wouldn't have to flagpole and furthermore, I wouldn't have to worry about traveling to Ireland without my PR card.

Guess it depends if COPR is considered a PR decision or if a decision is only made once you speak to an immigration officer and activate the COPR. ...it's pretty confusing!

Cheers for any help,

Rowen

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

Before receiving the CoPR I had applied for BOWP. This was good for implied status while waiting for a PR decision.

I was hoping to have the BOWP before CoPR as I travel back home to Ireland in 4 weeks (after the current work permit expires).

Preferably I would just activate my PR in 4 weeks but I am not sure if I am covered under implied status to stay in Canada till then. This would be the ideal situation as I wouldn't have to flagpole and furthermore, I wouldn't have to worry about traveling to Ireland without my PR card.

Guess it depends if COPR is considered a PR decision or if a decision is only made once you speak to an immigration officer and activate the COPR. ...it's pretty confusing!

Cheers for any help,

Rowen
Hi

Receiving the COPR doesn't do anything to your status.

Suraj89

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16 02 2018
AOR Received.
16 02 2018
Med's Done....
10 02 2018
Passport Req..
28 03 2018
VISA ISSUED...
03 04 2018
Hi all,

Cheers for any help,

Rowen
Your status and COPR are two diffrent things. Your PR would not be activated until you complete your landing and for landing you need a valid status in Canada.
If you have already applied for BOWP, you are on impkied status right now and while landing you have to keep Confirmation email for BOWP and payment receipt with you in case if they ask for it and please take your expired WP with you too.

Reactions: superrowen

superrowen

Apr 5, 2018
Your status and COPR are two diffrent things. Your PR would not be activated until you complete your landing and for landing you need a valid status in Canada.
If you have already applied for BOWP, you are on impkied status right now and while landing you have to keep Confirmation email for BOWP and payment receipt with you in case if they ask for it and please take your expired WP with you too.
Thanks Suraj89 - This makes sense and what i was hoping for. I just couldn't find anything on the CIC website. Cheers again

superrowen

Apr 5, 2018
adjustment of status occurs when you complete landing (sign copr in front of cbsa agent at border at a inland office)|
Thanks testtrav2! Appreciate the help. Good to see that a few people have confirmed this. Make me feel a lot better about it.

Suraj89

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16 02 2018
AOR Received.
16 02 2018
Med's Done....
10 02 2018
Passport Req..
28 03 2018
VISA ISSUED...
03 04 2018
No w
Thanks Suraj89 - This makes sense and what i was hoping for. I just couldn't find anything on the CIC website. Cheers again
No worries!