+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I send my passport?

juarezse

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
Hello.
I woke up this morning to an email saying to get all my documents ready to send them to the CPC.
I applied through express entry and I went online on my profile to see any updates and I didnt see any.
Is this some sort of fraud?
I mean, why arent there any updates on my online profile and I got this email from
IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hey mate,

I don't think it's a fraud, CIC is known for being inconsistent all the time, their departments are not linked together. When I got my passport request 2 years ago, they sent it to my home address, where I specifically mentioned I want to receive it either at work address or at my lawyers address, this is just one example. 4 or 5 times I experienced a similar situation on my application.

So don't worry much, just provide them with what they need.

I'm not sure about the email address you pasted here, better stick around for more answers from seniors.

Best of luck,

mrawa

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
juarezse said:
Hello.
I woke up this morning to an email saying to get all my documents ready to send them to the CPC.
I applied through express entry and I went online on my profile to see any updates and I didnt see any.
Is this some sort of fraud?
I mean, why arent there any updates on my online profile and I got this email from
IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Congratulations on your PPR !! This is no fraud, they will update/close your application once you will send your passport to CIC Ottawa.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
juarezse said:
Do you know how long after that it takes to get my PR so I can go to a border crossing?
Rule of thumb, after you send in your passport, you will get in between 1 to 2 weeks. 90% of the time you will receive it back within a week. Once you have your passport with VISA in it, you can land anytime! I personally landed the very night I received mine. The officers even picked on me (jokingly of course).

Best of luck,

juarezse

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
Well, I don't actually have to send my passport as mine requires an eTA, so I only have to send a photocopy. It's weird though, wouldn't they rather have the actual passport?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
juarezse said:
Well, I don't actually have to send my passport as mine requires an eTA, so I only have to send a photocopy. It's weird though, wouldn't they rather have the actual passport?
Have no idea! I'm an old-schooler! ;)