+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I qualify

Karpow

May 11, 2021
I was working at homeless shelter while attending school. I have exceed the 1560 hours as an intake worker, after completing my diploma in social work, I was recently promoted to the manager of the shelter.
I just want clarity if I can use the hours I worked during this time to qualify for the healthcare program as social worker or community service worker

Mayu9890

Dec 4, 2017
I was working at homeless shelter while attending school. I have exceed the 1560 hours as an intake worker, after completing my diploma in social work, I was recently promoted to the manager of the shelter.
I just want clarity if I can use the hours I worked during this time to qualify for the healthcare program as social worker or community service worker
I don't know the category for health workers But In which category code you worked.
If you worked any of them category code then get experience letter with that code mentioned.
And then you will be eligible.

bryndog1950

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
You can use the hours you worked on a study permit. I assume that you did not work more than the allowed hours per week while you were a student.
You should look at NOC 4212 - Social and community service workers or NOC 4152 - Social workers to see if your main duties matched one of those.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
can I apply for this program using the hours I gain while working on my student permit?
FEDERAL SKILLED WORKERS
Your skilled work experience must be
  • in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Part-time work experience
Your skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. IRCC don’t count volunteer work or unpaid internships.
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. You can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply.
IRCC don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS

A minimum of 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply—you can meet this in a few different ways:

• full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
  • full-time work at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
  • have gained your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work
How IRCC calculate work experience
Your skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. We don’t count volunteer work or unpaid internships.
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. You can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply.

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
FEDERAL SKILLED WORKERS
  • in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Your skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. IRCC don’t count volunteer work or unpaid internships.

A minimum of 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply—you can meet this in a few different ways:

• full-time work at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
  • have gained your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work
Your skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. We don’t count volunteer work or unpaid internships.
BUT, where IRCC says that they will NOT count hours you work above 30 hours/week ? Why it is NOT written in the eligibility requirement of temporary public policy ?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
FEDERAL SKILLED WORKERS

OP is applying under TR2PR program.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Yes it is TR 2 PR.
Does IRCC says that they will NOT count hours you work above 30 hours/week ? If so, then why it is NOT written in the eligibility requirement of temporary public policy ?
I know OP meant TR2PR

The NEW programs were not meant to be an established one for longer duration. The requirements were not provided comprehensively, but so far the working hours counted by IRCC is as mentioned in all other programs which are established. The New programs were just a giveaway of PR's to retain temporary visa holders in the country. Similar to "EMPLOYEE RETENTION" a simple principle used by businesses. Giving 1% - 3% wage hike would make an employee feel better about his workplace, even though the employee hated it prior to Wage hike/bonus