+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I qualify for Canadian Experience Class?

MegsW

Jun 22, 2010
So I'm having the hardest time finding decent, clear information on the cic website or from phoning their helpline so any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!

I am an Italian citizen and came to Canada in July 2008 on a temporary work/visit visa and immediately began working full-time as a house cleaner. My visa was set to expire 6 months after my arrival, but I got my work to sponsor me for 2 years so I could stay, that will now expire this december. I'm trying to get permanent residency, but have no idea if I even qualify. Something else is that I currently live with my girlfriend who I've been dating for 16 months (not sure how long it is until common-law kicks in).

Any help would be great!!
Thanks!

natali

Jan 15, 2010
According to HRDC House cleaner code is 6661 which is skill level C. This means that you are not qualified under CEC. As long as common law is concern. I believe you have to live together show evidence of that for 1 year.

I hope this helps.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=6661

MegsW

Jun 22, 2010
That does thanks. Can you offer any suggestions as to another avenue to take now that canadian experience class might not work?