+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to work full time ?

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Hi all , I have a question, my mom’s h&c application in process. If I want to go back to school for full time and continue to work part time will it create any problem on my mom’s application? As my mom is not working and I am responsible for her. But the thing is we will be ok with my partime income. Just wondering as I got accepted in a program didn’t want to loose this opportunity.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you cleared any medical debt from your mother's treatment. Any lawyers fees outstanding and any savings if there is need for lawyer in the future? Do you have any savings for any emergencies? Hard to say not knowing your income whether part-time income would be enough. Personally would think maintaining a good income while going through the process would be the best idea. There is no exact rule. Would it be possible to go to school part-time while working full-time?

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Have you cleared any medical debt from your mother's treatment. Any lawyers fees outstanding and any savings if there is need for lawyer in the future? Do you have any savings for any emergencies? Hard to say not knowing your income whether part-time income would be enough. Personally would think maintaining a good income while going through the process would be the best idea. There is no exact rule. Would it be possible to go to school part-time while working full-time?
Hi , medical bills are mostly cleared just few things I am paying monthly. Lawyers payment also cleared. I just wanted to get in to the program then maybe I can continue as a part time student later.since my mom is with me and she is doing better I can focus on my study now a bit just one thing I am not sure if the immigration going to asks for my monthly earning and they going to follow the income table chart.thank you for your help.

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
I don't see why it would be a problem if you have the money to afford doing that. Good luck.
Thank you so much .since my mom got sick I couldn’t go back to school and university refused to defer my admission that time so now my mom’s situation is stable so I thought to give another try.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't want to be negative but you haven't received AIP but you are acting like it is done deal. You have to see what happens.

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
I don't want to be negative but you haven't received AIP but you are acting like it is done deal. You have to see what happens.
Its not because of aip that I stopped going to school and was working full time it’s because My mother was sick , I had to take her to the hospital all the time . Now She is stable physcally ( I didnt mean her immigration status) that’s why I am returning to school.i didn’t even talk about any AIP I was just asking if they need to have any full time employment paper that’s it .getting AIP and studying both are completely different thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffertiger

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Its not because of aip that I stopped going to school it’s because My mother was sick , I had to take her to the hospital all the time . She is stable now that’s why I am returning to school.i didn’t even talk about any AIP I was just asking if they need to have any full time employment paper that’s it .getting AIP and studying both are completely different thing.
My opinion. It would be better to show a stronger income during H&C for your mother. I am not sure where you have been working continuously since arriving in Canada but your ability to support her and paying off medical debt are some of the factors that will come up in her H&C. If she doesn't get approved do you have the funds to hire a lawyer? These are some of the things I would consider. In the end it I up to you. H&C doesn't have set guidelines for who gets approved or refused.

Reactions: Alien_walkingalone

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Its not because of aip that I stopped going to school and was working full time it’s because My mother was sick , I had to take her to the hospital all the time . Now She is stable physcally ( I didnt mean her immigration status) that’s why I am returning to school.i didn’t even talk about any AIP I was just asking if they need to have any full time employment paper that’s it .getting AIP and studying both are completely different thing.
A "best practice" for H&C applicants is to continue to update their applications and where you can get letters of support from people in the communities that you frequent, like health care people you interact with, work, or the classes that you attend - community support is a positive factor.

If you work then document it and your practicalities of balancing this and that should be clear to the decision-maker because that's your only important audience who you need to convince. Bank accounts aren't a primary focus and establishment isn't all about transferrable assets.

Sending in an update routinely is informative and it also provides insight to the person making the decision - it's not determinative but to mail in an application and then forget about it puts incomplete information before the officer after a year or whatever of sitting on a shelf.

Reactions: Alien_walkingalone