+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to wait for the PR file no. to get Police certificate??

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
Hi guys,

I just got my PNP certificate and im starting the process of the PR app. for the Police certificate part, I wonder do I need to wait for the PR file No to get the Police certificate? if not, where can I get the file number that is related to the PR app for getting the Police certificate?

Thanks a ton!!

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
laikayung said:
Hi guys,

I just got my PNP certificate and im starting the process of the PR app. for the Police certificate part, I wonder do I need to wait for the PR file No to get the Police certificate? if not, where can I get the file number that is related to the PR app for getting the Police certificate?

Thanks a ton!!
Its recommended to attach Police Certificate but you can send this later on too.

atinsingh

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2012/Resend on 15-Feb-2013
Nomination.....
27-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
02-APR-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
8 MAY 2013 to SGVO / 26 Nov 2013 to NDVO
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
No idea?
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Alternatively you can attach proof of applying for Police certificate, while sending the application. Getting the police certificates may take months if you have stayed many countries for more than 6 months.

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
atinsingh said:
Alternatively you can attach proof of applying for Police certificate, while sending the application. Getting the police certificates may take months if you have stayed many countries for more than 6 months.
Thanks for your reply,

I will try getting the police certificates. However, as I know that to get the police certificates, you will need to prove that you are applying the police certificates for some designated purposes, Eg immigration. Since I dont see there is any letter from the PNP packing requesting for a police certificates, can I still get the police certificates without the proven letter from CIC? How am I supposed to get the police certificates? or should I wait until I can get the file number?

This question might be stupid...but thanks so much for your answer!!

lilotia

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
30-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-12-2012 (Updated in ecas 28-03-2013)
Passport Req..
04-19-2013 (RPRF)
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
laikayung said:
However, as I know that to get the police certificates, you will need to prove that you are applying the police certificates for some designated purposes, Eg immigration.
Maybe it depends on country, but in my case a police certificate will be sent to the immigration authority only, to the address that I specify in the police form.

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laikayung said:
Thanks for your reply,

I will try getting the police certificates. However, as I know that to get the police certificates, you will need to prove that you are applying the police certificates for some designated purposes, Eg immigration. Since I dont see there is any letter from the PNP packing requesting for a police certificates, can I still get the police certificates without the proven letter from CIC? How am I supposed to get the police certificates? or should I wait until I can get the file number?

As far as I know you don't need to "prove" that the PCC is for a particular purpose. You only need to state in the application that its for immigration purposes. I guess it varies from country to country. You don't need a file number to apply for PCC.

jbtoki

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laikayung said:
Thanks for your reply,

This page will help you out.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
My country does require a letter of request and it can be downloaded.

anser0131

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
13-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013 "Med Received" 11-04-2013 "In Process" 10-05-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-07-2013 "Decision Made" 08-07-2013
It is recommended that you submit your police certificate along with your PR application to avoid any delays.

I did my finger prints/criminal check in Canada, all I had to do was to tell the chick that I hadn't submit my application yet(no FN), therefore, the results will be sent to my home address instead of the visa office. However, if you are outside of Canada, then you will have to go to your local police department.

Kayla3163

Apr 4, 2014
Hi I just received my letter of acceptance from pnp, and now is about to apply for PR.

Not sure how to obtain a police certificate.

I am a Hong Kong residence. In order to obtain a police certificate, I will need to have a letter from CIC in order to request for a police certificate. After I receive the letter from CIC, then I will apply for the police certificate. After that, the police certificate will be released directly to CIC by Hong Kong Government. Those are what I have researched online.

When I submit my PR, should attach a paper and write down my request for the letter from CIC in order for me to obtain the police certificate. Or if CIC will actually send me a request for the police certificate if they find out the police certificate is missing?