+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to upload my AOR for BOWP application?

gui0506

Mar 31, 2016
I got my AOR from EE on June 12, and applied for BOWP online on June 13. It did not ask for my AOR or my PNP letter.
But this link says we need to provide AOR letter: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

"Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of receipt - Application for permanent residence letter with their open work permit application."

My question is do I need to upload my AOR? If so, how can I update my application now?
Also, do I need to provide my ON PNP letter? (I am not sure I whether I belong to PNP or CEC... I was in ON PNP Human Capital Priority Stream - CEC, which should apply PR through EE)

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
gui0506 said:
I got my AOR from EE on June 12, and applied for BOWP online on June 13. It did not ask for my AOR or my PNP letter.
But this link says we need to provide AOR letter: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

"Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of receipt - Application for permanent residence letter with their open work permit application."

My question is do I need to upload my AOR? If so, how can I update my application now?
Also, do I need to provide my ON PNP letter? (I am not sure I whether I belong to PNP or CEC... I was in ON PNP Human Capital Priority Stream - CEC, which should apply PR through EE)
You definitely need to send it, it should be added in the letter of explanation spot. I would send it as a case specific enquiry now

dkr1989

Jul 4, 2016
Hello there,
I have an Open Work permit which is due to expire in 4 months. I have Ontario Provincial Nomination and have applied for PNP based PR. I have Acknowledgement of Receipt IRCC for my PR application.
I need a little help regarding Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP). I tried to apply online. There I went through a questionnaire and at the end it said I can apply for work permit extension with following supporting documents.

1) Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required) (clicking on ? (help) gives "Letter from the nominating province or territory that supports the issuance of the work permit.")
2) Passport (required)
3) Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required) (clicking on ? (help) gives "If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required license or certification.")
4) Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (required)
5) Employer Questionnaire and Declaration (required)(clicking on ? (help) gives a link to a list of question which generates not found error)
6) Offer of Employment (required)
7) Digital photo (required)

I don't have 1st, 3rd and 5th. I can ask my employer to fill the 5th document if only I can get that Employer Questionnaire and Declaration form. Also this is not what is given on CIC website regarding BOWP eligibility parameters. Also online it says I need to pay only $155 where as I thought its $255. I am a bit confused here about what to do. Please let me know if you have any related experience. Thanks a lot for reading through my problem. Any help to clarify this situation will be much appreciated.