+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do i need to take the english test?

Shauna Keane

Apr 18, 2013
hi, can anyone tell me if you have to do the English language test if you are from an English speaking country? I am hearing mixed reviews from people, where some have had to do it and some don't even though they are from the same place. any help would be great. thanks ;D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are applying to immigrate the English test (IELTS) is mandatory. It doesn't matter where you come from. No IELTS results = automatic refusal. The CIC web site spells this out very clearly if you have any further doubts.

You used to be able to by-pass this requirement. This is no longer possible.

darwin

Apr 22, 2013
IELTS Grades are the following
L-6
R-5.5
W-5.5
S 6

BUT I can get 5 extra points to reach the required 67 points due to my sister is permanent residence in canada ...My question is since my R AND W is below 6 do I still need to retake the ielts exam and pursue to get a 6 grades or higher on the other module .? or is it okay my grades since i reach the 67 points on totality with my current IELTS GRADES ...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
darwin said:
IELTS Grades are the following
L-6
R-5.5
W-5.5
S 6

BUT I can get 5 extra points to reach the required 67 points due to my sister is permanent residence in canada ...My question is since my R AND W is below 6 do I still need to retake the ielts exam and pursue to get a 6 grades or higher on the other module .? or is it okay my grades since i reach the 67 points on totality with my current IELTS GRADES ...
Are you planning to apply for FSW with the May 4th instake? If so, your IELTS scores are too low. You need to score at least 6 in each category. If you apply with the IELTS scores you have now - your application will be automatically refused. It doesn't matter how many points you have or that your have family in Canada. You're still going to be refused.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shauna Keane said:
hi, can anyone tell me if you have to do the English language test if you are from an English speaking country? I am hearing mixed reviews from people, where some have had to do it and some don't even though they are from the same place. any help would be great. thanks ;D
yes you do.

fil

May 5, 2013
Shauna Keane said:

Hello, we are in the same boat. I do too have question in mind " do i still need to take the IELTS? I just got my letter of approval from the Government of Manitoba as a successful nominee without this (IELTS) and I was not even requested to submit such. I am now preparing all the docs to be submitted to CIO Nova Scotia and I get confused when I come across with CIC Doc List number 12.
Can anyone answer this? Thanx.

Abu Ahmed

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
Very soon Inshallah
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
scylla said:
If you are applying to immigrate the English test (IELTS) is mandatory. It doesn't matter where you come from. No IELTS results = automatic refusal. The CIC web site spells this out very clearly if you have any further doubts.

You used to be able to by-pass this requirement. This is no longer possible.

yes you do.