+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need to take a four years duration program?

interhigh9

Aug 29, 2012
Hi guys :)
I need your help here to choose a program in between sheridan college and seneca college.. I intend to take an Animation program in one of those colleges, but i found that i got a budget problem. Basically, I wanna take Bachelor of Applied Arts(Animation) program in sheridan, but it's four years duration which is too long for me and the tuition fee for this program is unaffordable for me right now.. So, what i found as plan B is two one year duration programs, Computer Animation and Computer Animation - Digital visual effect.
I've read that all applicants who want to apply for CEC need to have at least two academic years and a year of Canadian work experience.. So, here's my question. If I finish the two one year duration programs in sheridan and my work in a study-related job, would I still be eligible to apply for immigration?
If not, I should seriously think about applying for a similar program in seneca college. seneca's program is three years duration and little bit cheaper than sheridan's.
please help me guys. Cheers :)

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
interhigh9 said:
I need your help here to choose a program in between sheridan college and seneca college.. I intend to take an Animation program in one of those colleges, but i found that i got a budget problem. Basically, I wanna take Bachelor of Applied Arts(Animation) program in sheridan, but it's four years duration which is too long for me and the tuition fee for this program is unaffordable for me right now.. So, what i found as plan B is two one year duration programs, Computer Animation and Computer Animation - Digital visual effect.
I've read that all applicants who want to apply for CEC need to have at least two academic years and a year of Canadian work experience.. So, here's my question. If I finish the two one year duration programs in sheridan and my work in a study-related job, would I still be eligible to apply for immigration?
If not, I should seriously think about applying for a similar program in seneca college. seneca's program is three years duration and little bit cheaper than sheridan's.
yea, u will be eligible to apply with 2 yrs program. u need to acquire work experience based on level A,O or B, so make sure ur program fall under any of these level otherwise, it will be a waste.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
interhigh9 said:
Two one-year programs cannot be combined to meet the 2 year education requirement for CEC (unless the 2nd program is a master's degree, which is clearly not the case here).

The program duration has to be a minimum of 4 semesters / 2 academic years.