+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to Send in University Transcript? (I have the high school diploma)

Bigfoot3

Nov 23, 2016
The reason I'm asking is because I remember that they asked you to send in your University transcripts as part of the application, but I'm finding no mention of it in the document checklist or anywhere on the application (except for as meeting your language requirement)

My Canadian high school diploma takes care of the Language requirement, so is it necessary to send in the University transcripts?

The reason I'm asking is because I don't have the official transcript for one of my semesters, and if I order it'll take a while to come in, and I want to send in my application tomorrow (I'm going on a trip for a month so I'd like to get my citizenship application sent in).

I could send in the unofficial transcript... but I"m not sure if that's a good idea.

Bigfoot3

Nov 23, 2016
So basically, what I"m asking is,

Should I send in my unofficial transcript for the last semester (I have official for previous semesters) or should I just not send in any University transcripts.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Bigfoot3 said:
The reason I'm asking is because I remember that they asked you to send in your University transcripts as part of the application, but I'm finding no mention of it in the document checklist or anywhere on the application (except for as meeting your language requirement)

My Canadian high school diploma takes care of the Language requirement, so is it necessary to send in the University transcripts?

The reason I'm asking is because I don't have the official transcript for one of my semesters, and if I order it'll take a while to come in, and I want to send in my application tomorrow (I'm going on a trip for a month so I'd like to get my citizenship application sent in).

I could send in the unofficial transcript... but I"m not sure if that's a good idea.

Read the Language proof if you are 18-64 years of age section under the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Once you read this and if you find that your high school diploma is sufficient then you would be fine. If you are planning to send university transcripts then everything needs to be official and the course has to be completed successfully.

Bigfoot3

Nov 23, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
Read the Language proof if you are 18-64 years of age section under the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Once you read this and if you find that your high school diploma is sufficient then you would be fine. If you are planning to send university transcripts then everything needs to be official and the course has to be completed successfully.
Thank you! The High School diploma is enough (its a OSSD).

So I'll have to send that in.

I also paid my fee a few months ago (was going to apply late Nov but decided to wait so I have some buffer for eligibility). Is that a red flag, or should I be good to go.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
send copies of both, if application get accepted that means its ok.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Bigfoot3 said:
Thank you! The High School diploma is enough (its a OSSD).

So I'll have to send that in.

I also paid my fee a few months ago (was going to apply late Nov but decided to wait so I have some buffer for eligibility). Is that a red flag, or should I be good to go.
Contact cic call centre and tell them about when the fees was paid and they can guide you whether it will be acceptable or not. Hopefully it does not expire but ask them to make sure.