+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to scan all my pages (including empty pages) or only stamped pages?

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

Do I need to scan all my pages (including empty pages) in the passport for e-APR or only stamped pages?

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
JSN_2016 said:
Hello friends,

Do I need to scan all my pages (including empty pages) in the passport for e-APR or only stamped pages?
Only the pages with stamps....having in mind that your travel history should match the stamps.

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
JSN_2016 said:
Hello friends,

What does the "i" under the "Instructions" column in the Documents upload page say?

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muxican said:
What does the "i" under the "Instructions" column in the Documents upload page say?
Thanks, eski and Muxican. Yeah, I read those instructions. But in this forum, I saw a post called rejection. In that, a person mentioned that he received some notifications that he didn't attaches the blank pages. So I thought of cross verifying it with many people. Then I can be more confident.

Also it didn't mention about the work permit document. I am planning to attach my work permit as well.

Gladossy

Nov 29, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
12**
App. Filed.......
10/01/2017
Doc's Request.
31 Jan - Schedule A
AOR Received.
10/01
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Passed: 29/01/1987
Passport Req..
25/05/2017
JSN_2016 said:
Thanks, eski and Muxican. Yeah, I read those instructions. But in this forum, I saw a post called rejection. In that, a person mentioned that he received some notifications that he didn't attaches the blank pages. So I thought of cross verifying it with many people. Then I can be more confident.

Also it didn't mention about the work permit document. I am planning to attach my work permit as well.
the post you are referring to, is of an Ontario pnp applicant, that didn't send all pages like Ontario requested.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Gladossy said:
the post you are referring to, is of an Ontario pnp applicant, that didn't send all pages like Ontario requested.

+1 - CIC never asked for all pages of passport. It was Ontario PNP.

At some point in time CIC asked for stamps but that was soon changed. Majority only submit id pages only and get PRs.

Good gracious, I don't know who and why they would ask this. Imagine a frequent traveler who is usually older and might have 3-4 passports. Good luck with submitting a full story book in the name of ID document.

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
fkl said:
+1 - CIC never asked for all pages of passport. It was Ontario PNP.

At some point in time CIC asked for stamps but that was soon changed. Majority only submit id pages only and get PRs.

Good gracious, I don't know who and why they would ask this. Imagine a frequent traveler who is usually older and might have 3-4 passports. Good luck with submitting a full story book in the name of ID document.
Weird: I re-visited my (approved and closed) application and the "i" in the document upload section changed from only the bio page (at the time I applied) to every page with a stamp or visa, maybe they changed it again.

JSN_2016 said:

I see this way more often than I would like to: seriously taking into account the advice of anonymous random people rather than just following the clear CIC instructions.

The work permit is not mentioned because it is not required. Another issue I see a lot: overwhelming the officers with LOE and documents not requested, just giving them more info to pick a rejection or delay reason from.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
muxican said:
Weird: I re-visited my (approved and closed) application and the "i" in the document upload section changed from only the bio page (at the time I applied) to every page with a stamp or visa, maybe they changed it again.
That's really odd and interesting though i am not sure how you saw that for a submitted application.

I went to a submitted profile and don't seem to have this i for a submitted doc. Neither can i edit to remove it (obviously because application was approved and closed a while ago)
. Pretty strange

Update: I went into the actual doc instead of the summary page (TITLE: documents submitted by client) only listing instructions. Yes you are right, the info seems modified now. And given the situation, that instruction is more reliable than other people's past experience. Good catch though really weird on part of CIC

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we have to translate visas and stamps? as visas of different countries are in different languages.

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dan_and said:
The rules were changed at some point in the past, and blank pages were no longer required.

But if you're worried about it, just scan all pages. There's certainly no harm in doing that.
Hi Dan,

I came to do my masters in Canada. So, I have study permits with me. Currently on PGWP. Do I need to scan the study permits too?

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My current passport is valid from 2010. Old passport is taken in the police when I got my new passport. Should I try to get my old passport from the poloce officials to scan it?