+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to provide reference letter for my Indian tenure as well if I am sent onsite while in the same company?

Nishat123

Feb 19, 2020
Hi,

My organization provided me just one employment verification letter, where the joining dates are that of Canadian employment only, is it necessary to provide a separate reference letter for my Indian tenure. Please note I have been in the same company and have all my offer letters, compensation letters and paystubs for Indian tenure in place.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

My organization provided me just one employment verification letter, where the joining dates are that of Canadian employment only, is it necessary to provide a separate reference letter for my Indian tenure. Please note I have been in the same company and have all my offer letters, compensation letters and paystubs for Indian tenure in place.

You need reference letters for any period of employment for which you're claiming points. If you're not claiming points for a certain period of employment you don't need reference letter.

If someone worked 5 years in India and then 2 years in Canada and 2 years of Canada experience is good enough for CRS points then no need for reference letter which specifically mentions India tenure. That period can be moved to personal history post ITA.

Reactions: tobs

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi,

You need reference letters for the period for which you are claiming points.