+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need to keep money in my bank for CEC proof of funds?

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
I applied for PR under CEC, which doesnt require proof of funds technically. I provided 2 years of T4 and NOA and also showed my bank account with $12k in it, now my question is do i have to leave this $12k sitting or can i invest it in an ETF fund in the meanwhile, I can withdraw it anytime so its easily available to me. Does CIC call banks to check the balance or ? It shouldnt even be necessary for CEC anyways, i just added it as an extra

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
twztedelegance said:
I applied for PR under CEC, which doesnt require proof of funds technically. I provided 2 years of T4 and NOA and also showed my bank account with $12k in it, now my question is do i have to leave this $12k sitting or can i invest it in an ETF fund in the meanwhile, I can withdraw it anytime so its easily available to me. Does CIC call banks to check the balance or ? It shouldnt even be necessary for CEC anyways, i just added it as an extra

If you applied under CEC, you do not need to keep the funds available. This is one of the major difference between FSW and CEC.

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
twztedelegance said:
You don't even need to submit your bank account statement but anyways you have already submitted so you are one step ahead
There is no need to keep funds as they don't check funds in CEC.