+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to inform IRCC about a Tier 2 UK visa that I obtained just before Request for Passport?

Jul 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

I currently need to travel to the UK for work. I have been provided with a UK Tier 2 (General) visa valid for 3 years. At the moment, my passport shows a 30 day temporary Visa which allows me to go to the UK and get the Tier 2 visa stamp completed (and then resume work there).

I received a request for passport from IRCC recently. I would like to go ahead with getting my Canada PR because I fully intend on settling in Canada by late 2021 to mid 2022 latest.

Do I need to inform IRCC about this development? My date of travel to the UK is in mid March. The following is the advisory about what to inform IRCC about in the email that I received:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;
· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
· Change in health;
· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;
· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;
· Change of address or phone number

Based on the above, I don't think I need to inform them about this development, but I would like to be sure.

Thank you for the help!

Regards,
MMP