+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to inform CIC about pregnancy?

rajesh1986

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Hi Friends,

If I am planning to land after child is born, should I inform CIC about the pregnancy?

Please assist on this.

Thank You,

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Hi Friends,

If I am planning to land after child is born, should I inform CIC about the pregnancy?

Please assist on this.

Thank You,
Yes. Submit a webform informing them of a pregnancy as most likely you’ll need to include the child as a dependent. If child is born in Canada, there is no need.

Reactions: rajesh1986

SGrewal99

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Medical will also be required for baby. It also depends if the other parent is a Canadian citizen. That would help you figure out if baby will be issued a visa or certificate of citizenship.

rajesh1986

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Hi Friends

Thanks for the reply. No, she is not Canada citizen or resident.

Will he be issued Visa after he born in another country?

Can we go to Canada for the delivery once we receive the PPR and in case what about the insurance for the delivery??

I am bit confused on this issue.

Appreciate your assistance. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes baby would need a TRV but it could be refused. If that is the case at least one parent would need to sponsor the baby from Canada. Where are you landing? Some provinces have a waiting period of up to 3 months to get healthcare coverage. Before that you would have to cover all costs for your wife.

rajesh1986

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Yes baby would need a TRV but it could be refused. If that is the case at least one parent would need to sponsor the baby from Canada. Where are you landing? Some provinces have a waiting period of up to 3 months to get healthcare coverage. Before that you would have to cover all costs for your wife.
Hi Thanks for the reply.

I am planning to land Vancouver. What if we go there before 3 months to deliver? Will we receive health benefits?

Thanks again

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Thanks for the reply.

I am planning to land Vancouver. What if we go there before 3 months to deliver? Will we receive health benefits?

Thanks again
In BC you will be covered after 2-3 months of waiting depending on when you land. It is 2 months plus the rest of the month when you entered. You'd have to pay the costs until you were covered but after that you will have coverage. People do have complications or go into labour early so having to be prepared to pay if that happens. You also must remain in the province for at least 6 month or perhaps more (you'll have to look it up). If you don't have a job in Canada and are looking for work opportunities you'll have to keep that in mind.

rajesh1986

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
In BC you will be covered after 2-3 months of waiting depending on when you land. It is 2 months plus the rest of the month when you entered. You'd have to pay the costs until you were covered but after that you will have coverage. People do have complications or go into labour early so having to be prepared to pay if that happens. You also must remain in the province for at least 6 month or perhaps more (you'll have to look it up). If you don't have a job in Canada and are looking for work opportunities you'll have to keep that in mind.
Thanks for the detail explanation.

Until we get health benefits, we should get private insurance as I believe. Will they cover pregnancy ? They might charge higher premium.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the detail explanation.

Until we get health benefits, we should get private insurance as I believe. Will they cover pregnancy ? They might charge higher premium.
Private health insurance won't cover routine doctor's appointments. Some apparently do cover emergency care up to the 2nd trimester but you'll have to look at the policies.

rajesh1986

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Private health insurance won't cover routine doctor's appointments. Some apparently do cover emergency care up to the 2nd trimester but you'll have to look at the policies.
Yeah correct. In case, we have to bear the cost, it will be very huge one.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Yeah correct. In case, we have to bear the cost, it will be very huge one.

if i remember 5k and up if any complications 10kand up