+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to include or address rejection letter in new application

shiew2004

Dec 3, 2017
Hi,

I applied for Visitor Visa in October 2015 which was rejected due to the following reasons:

- Purpose of Travel (that time was to send off my brother who was starting his first year in Canada)
- Financial Status & Assets

I have not applied since. This time, I am applying again to go on a tour to Toronto - Montreal with my family.

Questions:
In addition to my application docs,...

- Do I need to show my rejection letter?
- If not, do I need to address my rejection letter?
- Does the Visa Office keep file of my all my application(s) (including the rejected one?). Because I was being advised (by an officer who works in the Visa Office) that all applications are like "new applications" and they (may?) be independent of one another.

p/s: I have traveled to Canada previously in 2014 but it was a single entry visa.
p/p/s: If there are previous threads addressing these questions, kindly share links.

Thanks.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,

I applied for Visitor Visa in October 2015 which was rejected due to the following reasons:

- Purpose of Travel (that time was to send off my brother who was starting his first year in Canada)
- Financial Status & Assets

I have not applied since. This time, I am applying again to go on a tour to Toronto - Montreal with my family.

Questions:
In addition to my application docs,...

- Do I need to show my rejection letter?
- If not, do I need to address my rejection letter?
- Does the Visa Office keep file of my all my application(s) (including the rejected one?). Because I was being advised (by an officer who works in the Visa Office) that all applications are like "new applications" and they (may?) be independent of one another.

p/s: I have traveled to Canada previously in 2014 but it was a single entry visa.
p/p/s: If there are previous threads addressing these questions, kindly share links.

Thanks.
1. No need.
2. Yes, in the question in the application form if you have been denied visas/entry to Canada or any other country.
3. Of course, and what you heard from the officer is pretty much consistent with what we've observed here, so it's good to have confirmation.