+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to carry old passport for immigration at T3 Delhi?

Part_time_Larry

Dec 11, 2022
I'm flying next week to Toronto. I renewed my passport at Toronto Embassy in Jan this year and while embassy sent the old passport along with new passport it had holes in it so basically it is useless for travel now. I have a valid PR card and a valid passport. Do I also need to bring old passport with me? I'm little scared because I know Indian immigration officers can be rude sometimes.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I'm flying next week to Toronto. I renewed my passport at Toronto Embassy in Jan this year and while embassy sent the old passport along with new passport it had holes in it so basically it is useless for travel now. I have a valid PR card and a valid passport. Do I also need to bring old passport with me? I'm little scared because I know Indian immigration officers can be rude sometimes.
You got your answers here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/have-you-travelled-from-canada-to-india-with-a-new-indian-passport.822071/#post-10608261

You don't need an old passport with you for travel. You are definitely overthinking it. At best, they'll consult a senior, but will let you board.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Anybody who asks for an old expired passport when there is a new valid passport is just plain stupid and should not be allowed to work anywhere, in general, and in an airport in particular. What if the old passport is lost? Should immigration officers still ask for them? Just saying...

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Anybody who asks for an old expired passport when there is a new valid passport is just plain stupid and should not be allowed to work anywhere, in general, and in an airport in particular. What if the old passport is lost? Should immigration officers still ask for them? Just saying...
No if your old passport is expired, then it’s not valid and there is no point immigration will ask for it . Your new passport is in possession at that time and there is no rule that they can ask while boarding a flight specially if you are PR of Canada. If your old passport is lost however you should have filed a police report and should have a copy of it with you.

Part_time_Larry

Dec 11, 2022
No if your old passport is expired, then it’s not valid and there is no point immigration will ask for it . Your new passport is in possession at that time and there is no rule that they can ask while boarding a flight specially if you are PR of Canada. If your old passport is lost however you should have filed a police report and should have a copy of it with you.
My old passport was not lost. I renewed it because it was going to expire in few months and there is a six-month rule for passport.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
That's what I said. The question part was merely rhetoric to highlight my pint.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
My old passport was not lost. I renewed it because it was going to expire in few months and there is a six-month rule for passport.
The point is, anybody who will ask for your old expired passport is a stupid idiot. Plain and simple. Expired passports are no longer valid, that's why they are expired.