+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need my documents certified by WES for student visa or not

tornbeast

Mar 24, 2018
Hi guys

Do I need my documents certified by WES for student visa or not

I’m applying for a masters program. Do I need to get my docs certified by WES for Student visa purposes?

Ali

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
..since you submitting photocopies, all the documents needs to be notarized maybe except your SOP/LOE otherwise it will be like you sticking your neck out to be easily chop off by the executioner

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Its your choice if you want to send your school documents to WES for evaluation but its not of importance because CIC only requires photocopies of all your application documents which should be notarized by a rotary lawyer.. so why go through time and money consuming process except study permit application requirement is different in your country

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
notarized by a rotary lawyer please can you explain that?
In most cases you don't need a WES assessment, you don't need to have your documents notarized.

Some universities do request a WES assessment or request official transcripts to be sent in an sealed envelope from your previous university in case of degree or diploma.

Only if your document is not in English or French are you supposed to get an authorized translation.