+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need Indian PCC?

Feb 21, 2024
This is regarding the question which asks applicants if they have stayed in a country for more than 183 days in the four year period. I'm a bit confused if I need an Indian PCC or not. I know for a fact by watching a few fellow Indian friends who were applying for citizenship how hard and time consuming it can be to get one from Canada.

So here is my deal: I never been to India since I landed in Canada three years ago. But after I was granted the PR visa, I had to go to France for 3 months on an urgent trip. I will be submitting French PCC with my application soon because it's extremely easy to obtain and takes only like one day. Even though my stay in France was less than 183 days, I thought it would be a good idea nonetheless consider how easy it is to get a French PCC.

But I am not planning to give Indian PCC with my application since after landing, I've never been to India. What is worrying me is that I landed fairly late in the duration of my immigrant visa. So I spent quite a bit of time in India which was not covered under the PCC I gave with my PR application. Is that okay? Should I expect IRCC to ask me for an Indian PCC even though I provided one with my immigration application? I know technically they shouldn't ask for it because of the exception rule that exists but I am worried nonetheless. Is it a good idea to try to get an Indian PCC or I can proceed with my application without worrying?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
This is regarding the question which asks applicants if they have stayed in a country for more than 183 days in the four year period. I'm a bit confused if I need an Indian PCC or not. I know for a fact by watching a few fellow Indian friends who were applying for citizenship how hard and time consuming it can be to get one from Canada.

So here is my deal: I never been to India since I landed in Canada three years ago. But after I was granted the PR visa, I had to go to France for 3 months on an urgent trip. I will be submitting French PCC with my application soon because it's extremely easy to obtain and takes only like one day. Even though my stay in France was less than 183 days, I thought it would be a good idea nonetheless consider how easy it is to get a French PCC.

But I am not planning to give Indian PCC with my application since after landing, I've never been to India. What is worrying me is that I landed fairly late in the duration of my immigrant visa. So I spent quite a bit of time in India which was not covered under the PCC I gave with my PR application. Is that okay? Should I expect IRCC to ask me for an Indian PCC even though I provided one with my immigration application? I know technically they shouldn't ask for it because of the exception rule that exists but I am worried nonetheless. Is it a good idea to try to get an Indian PCC or I can proceed with my application without worrying?
You don't need PCC from India. The PCC from PR days should be good for now. The citizenship application has the option to specify the same. Also you don't need French PCC too. Don't add additional documents just for the sake of it. Keep it simple.