+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need GST/HST registration right away?

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Hi Folks,

I'm solo properties since few weeks, I'm planning to detect my business expenses i.e. car lease from my taxes and I dod not apply for GST/HST yet.
I heard that it's better to register starting from the next year and some other ppl said it's bad idea as I can only claim after having this registration done ( nothing will be considered before having the registration of GST/HST).
Can anyone help me with steps and best way forward?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi Folks,

I'm solo properties since few weeks, I'm planning to detect my business expenses i.e. car lease from my taxes and I dod not apply for GST/HST yet.
I heard that it's better to register starting from the next year and some other ppl said it's bad idea as I can only claim after having this registration done ( nothing will be considered before having the registration of GST/HST).
Can anyone help me with steps and best way forward?
You should get your HST registration at the earliest as it will allow you to reclaim/offset HST paid on business expenses. There is no sense in waiting until next year.

estartupindia

Jul 14, 2023
EstartupIndia is a leading GST registration company in India, providing top-notch services to businesses. With a team of experienced professionals, they ensure a seamless and hassle-free gst registration process.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
EstartupIndia is a leading GST registration company in India, providing top-notch services to businesses. With a team of experienced professionals, they ensure a seamless and hassle-free gst registration process.
Probably just shooting blanks here , but more than likely they want to register for a GST/HST number in Canada,since last time I looked this was a Canada focused forum