+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need exemption letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What permit is your husband on - closed or open. Does he have a job offer?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html

As per the site, Your immediate family members may be able to come with you to Canada. They can travel to Canada if they meet one of the conditions below:

• they’re travelling directly from the U.S. for a non-discretionary purpose
  • they have a written authorization from IRCC to reunite with a temporary resident of Canada (see Uniting with immediate family members for more information)
  • they have a letter of introduction for an open work permit

Dalia elsayed

Oct 19, 2020
Closed

What permit is your husband on - closed or open. Does he have a job offer?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html

As per the site, Your immediate family members may be able to come with you to Canada. They can travel to Canada if they meet one of the conditions below:

• they’re travelling directly from the U.S. for a non-discretionary purpose
  • they have a written authorization from IRCC to reunite with a temporary resident of Canada (see Uniting with immediate family members for more information)
  • they have a letter of introduction for an open work permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Where is it written that if I travel with him I don’t need exemption letter please?
It is not written anywhere that you don’t need an exemption letter. You need an exemption letter as i stated above and with the link. Click on “how to bring family members with you.” You are on a visitor visa not a work permit. Your husband has a closed work permit and therefore a job offer so he doesn’t need authorization.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So i need exemption letter in all cases right ?

Thanks for answering my questions
Not in all cases but you are a visitor and your spouse is a temporary worker. You don’t have the same rights as immediate family members or citizens or PRs. I am stating what is on the site. Maybe others who have done it without authorization. However you don’t want to pay airfare and be denied boarding because you don’t have authorization when it states you need a letter. You also need negative Covid tests too now. All the best.