+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need BOWP Document for Flagpoling

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Happy New Year you all,

I received CoPR during Xmas time last year, a week after that my BOWP application was approved and CIC has mailed me BOWP document on Dec 30.

Assuming it takes couple of weeks to get that document in mail, my question - is BOWP Document (mailed but not received yet) necessary or In Canada Approval Letter along with BOWP Application print should suffice as a proof of my status while flag poling?

Thanks.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
no need for BOWP. your COPR is good for landing. take your passport with you. your BOWP is no longer valid since you received PPR

Reactions: arajoba

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
no need for BOWP. your COPR is good for landing. take your passport with you. your BOWP is no longer valid since you received PPR
Be careful with this. CoPR is not yet validated. BOWP is required during flagpoling just in case border will not process your landing. If they dont process your landing or validate your copr, you need to enter using ur bowp as that is ur valid status in Canada. Without it, you cannot return back to Canada.

Shadow108

Jun 28, 2019
I'd also recommend having the work permit in hand. We just did a flagpole landing last week and they asked for the work permit (not a BOWP, but still) that was previously valid and removed it from passport and destroyed it, once CoPR was validated. The process was easy, but the work permit was specifically requested and removed.

Reactions: arajoba

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
I will wait for a week for BOWP document. I have a feeling that document would be almost similar to what I have as work permit. I wouldn't mind to not have that paper if I am doing landing at their office, but since I am going to the border I don't want to take any chances.

joanexa

May 13, 2019
I had the same question before landing. I landed at Peace Arch while on implied status. Brought the evidence/receipts for my BOWP application, the officer didn't bother to look at them, just made sure that he got all my previous WP papers, which all expired.

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
I think it depends on officer. My study permit was never destroyed by the officer even after showing him study and work permit together.

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys does anyone know if it will be a problem if our status expired while validating COPR?
I sent out my passport today after i got a PPR request yesterday, my status has expired when my BOWP was refused and I applied for restoration within 90days and its still in process, I was just wondering if anyone has validated their COPR in an IRCC office without a valid status?