+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need attestation letter

serena0613

Feb 29, 2024
Hello, i have been accepted to a university in Alberta in march of 2023. I have applied for study permit twice but got refused so i am currently studying online and preparing to apply for my study permit for third time. I am bit confused about the new policy of attestation letter. Since i am already enrolled at my school and studying but not in person and not having study permit do i need attestation letter for applying this time? Since i am applying for my third time i want to make sure everything is alright i am quite afraid of getting refused this time for not having attestation letter.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, i have been accepted to a university in Alberta in march of 2023. I have applied for study permit twice but got refused so i am currently studying online and preparing to apply for my study permit for third time. I am bit confused about the new policy of attestation letter. Since i am already enrolled at my school and studying but not in person and not having study permit do i need attestation letter for applying this time? Since i am applying for my third time i want to make sure everything is alright i am quite afraid of getting refused this time for not having attestation letter.
If not a Masters or PhD, you need a letter of attestation. Why are you studying online?

serena0613

Feb 29, 2024
If not a Masters or PhD, you need a letter of attestation. Why are you studying online?
my study permit application got refused twice so in order to not lose my enrolment i had to study online unless i would need to apply for my school again

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my study permit application got refused twice so in order to not lose my enrolment i had to study online unless i would need to apply for my school again
So you need letter if not a Masters/PhD, paid tuition, show funds and justify costs. When did you start online studies because online studies are not eligible for PGWP? It is taken off length of program.

serena0613

Feb 29, 2024
Oh i am an undergraduate student so online courses in my programm are available, i am bit confused about this new policy because it says "undergraduate students who have received their LOA before jan 2024 do not need attestation letter and have submitted their study permit". And i received my LOA already in 2023 and started studying online in December of this year.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh i am an undergraduate student so online courses in my programm are available, i am bit confused about this new policy because it says "undergraduate students who have received their LOA before jan 2024 do not need attestation letter and have submitted their study permit". And i received my LOA already in 2023 and started studying online in December of this year.
So have you applied for a study permit before January 22. If not, you need PAL. I highlight AND in your above quote.

Provincial attestation letter from a province or territory outside Quebec
Each province or territory is developing a process to issue PALs. These processes are expected to be in place by March 31, 2024.

We’ll update this page with more information as it becomes available from each province and territory.

Applications received before 8:30 a.m. ET on January 22, 2024,do not require a PAL

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied but it got rejected, hence in my understanding i need PAL in order to apply again.
You need a letter and provinces have until March 31 to post the eligibility requirements, process, and fees. Given the caps on number of students not all will be approved. It will take several weeks to get letter and then reapply for study permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have applied but it got rejected, hence in my understanding i need PAL in order to apply again.
I’m not sure you are aware of the risks you are taking by studying without a SP. This may make getting a PGWP impossible. How many semesters have you studied and is your goal to try and stay in Canada longterm?

Reactions: Naturgrl