+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) for my open work permit?

Blancherafal

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hi. A little help please.

I already received my passport and my work visa. I am currently on an open work permit since I am under the sponsorship of my Filipino common-law partner who is a skilled worker under a Provincial Nominee in Nova Scotia Canada. I called Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) to ask regarding the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) for my clearance at the airport. However, they said that I no longer need na OEC since I do not have an employer yet. What do I need to present at the airport for my clearance since I do not have an OEC?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
As you said it's an open work permit so you don't require OEC. It is only necessary when you are on a closed or bonded work permit. In your case, you just need your sponsorship documents and passport and you should be good to go.

Thank You.

Reactions: Blancherafal

Blancherafal

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
As you said it's an open work permit so you don't require OEC. It is only necessary when you are on a closed or bonded work permit. In your case, you just need your sponsorship documents and passport and you should be good to go.

Thank You.
Thank you so much for your help. Will the Philippine Immigration not ask anything for my clearance? I mean are they already aware of this? I’m sorry for asking. I’m afraid since it’s my first time. POEA and CFO also said I do not need to undergo PDOS. Thank you.

sheiquiroga

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
Thank you so much for your help. Will the Philippine Immigration not ask anything for my clearance? I mean are they already aware of this? I’m sorry for asking. I’m afraid since it’s my first time. POEA and CFO also said I do not need to undergo PDOS. Thank you.
Were you able to exit PH without OEC?

jerick

Jun 13, 2020
hi,were you able to exit the philippines? i have the same situation with you

Annesanity16

Nov 24, 2020
hi,were you able to exit the philippines? i have the same situation with you
Hi, i have the same situation. I have an Open work permit Or Spousal work permit and I’m a dependant of my husband. My husband will leave first To Canada and I will be staying here in the PH for a while.
My question is, do I still need a PDOS?

Blancherafal

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Are you hired by one of the Canadian companies? Open work permit means you don’t have an employer yet but you already have a working visa. Mostly, open work permits are because of spousal sponsorship.

mhy30

Mar 25, 2021
I just want to ask.. how will you know if your visa is OPEN WORK PERMIT and CLOSE WORK PERMIT? because my partner didn't know if she need an OEC in POEA. Pls. help. thanks