+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need a WES for my B.Sc. if I have a M.Sc. in Canada?

aammiinn

Feb 21, 2015
Hello,

I have a B.Sc. from overseas, and M.Sc. from a Canadian university. Do I still need to do WES for my Bachelor degree?

Thanks for letting me know.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If one is going to hire WES's services to get ECA report, one will be required to fulfill WES's "required docs" stuff to do it. From what I read on WES's website, WES wants all docs from secondary education level till Ph.D, whichever is applicable.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
hariskhan said:
If one is going to hire WES's services to get ECA report, one will be required to fulfill WES's "required docs" stuff to do it. From what I read on WES's website, WES wants all docs from secondary education level till Ph.D, whichever is applicable.
I think what he wanted to know is if the foreign Bachelors degree needs an ECA even though he did a Masters degree in Canada after.

The CIC web site says "If you have a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you do not need to get an ECA."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

I do not believe that you need an ECA given that your B.Sc was accepted by a Canadian university. You would have needed that in order to pursue the MSc. in Canada.

SolG

Jan 31, 2016
Can someone who was in a similar situation let us know if an ECA for the foreign BSc is required when you have a Canadian MSc?.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SolG said:
Can someone who was in a similar situation let us know if an ECA for the foreign BSc is required when you have a Canadian MSc?.
Not required as your MSc would fetch you maximum points and its from Canada.

expressentryqueen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14th
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
January 14th
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
I applied using my masters degree from a canadian university as the CIC website clearly states that you do not need an ECA if you already have a canadian degree. Also the points awarded under the CRS tool was based on the masters degree, rendering the bachelor's degree irrelevant for the purpose of express entry. I hope this helps!