+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO I need a US visa if I have a Canadian Refugee Travel Document

Travisjphilip

Dec 2, 2020
I am traveling to the Caribbean and I have to layover in the US, I was wondering if I need a US visa if I have to transit through America for 2 hours. I have a refugee travel document as I am a protected person in Canada.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I am traveling to the Caribbean and I have to layover in the US, I was wondering if I need a US visa if I have to transit through America for 2 hours. I have a refugee travel document as I am a protected person in Canada.
Yes, you need valid US visa to transit through United States if you are travelling with your RTD

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Hey, Im happy somebody raised this question. When do you guys think we'll be able to apply for visitor visa to go to the US?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey, Im happy somebody raised this question. When do you guys think we'll be able to apply for visitor visa to go to the US?
You can apply if you have a positive NOD but approval will depend on your current situation like whether you are employed, your savings, reason for travel, etc. Don't believe their are interviews going on due to covid.

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
You can apply if you have a positive NOD but approval will depend on your current situation like whether you are employed, your savings, reason for travel, etc. Don't believe their are interviews going on due to covid.
I got US Visa on my RTD without the need to provide employment letter or a bank statement.

Applicant's citizenship & travel history however are the biggest two factors for issuing/denying the visa application.

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
I got US Visa on my RTD without the need to provide employment letter or a bank statement.

Applicant's citizenship & travel history however are the biggest two factors for issuing/denying the visa application.
Did you get it during the pandemic? I'm just wondering if I can apply and get it during COVID

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Don’t believe US is granting interviews.
Yeah currently you can only schedule Visa appointment if you have emergency reason to travel to the US, If anybody have experience of applying a US visa during the pandemic, please let me know. I am currently waiting for the boarder to be open so I can schedule my visa interview.

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020

You got the USA visa on your RTD. Did you also have Canadian PR in possession at the time you got your USA visa?