+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need a new LMO (same employer) under LCP

maricar.lala

Apr 2, 2011
hi jobseeker,

just wondering, i'm almost half way done with my 1yr work as a nanny here in calgary. i called an agency to help me process my LCP work permit thru Buffalo or Seattle and they told me, the work experience as far as they know, should be outside Canada. Is this true? have you talked to someone in exactly the same situation as mine? Help please. Thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Are you working as a nanny now with a valid work permit?

maricar.lala said:
hi jobseeker,

just wondering, i'm almost half way done with my 1yr work as a nanny here in calgary. i called an agency to help me process my LCP work permit thru Buffalo or Seattle and they told me, the work experience as far as they know, should be outside Canada. Is this true? have you talked to someone in exactly the same situation as mine? Help please. Thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Sorry just re-read the posts and it seems that you are in Calgary as a nanny but not under the LCP. How were you able to get the WP as a nanny? Do you have a nursing background or did you take a care giving course? Do you have experience as a nanny before you obtained your WP in Calgary? If you took a care giving course or have experience as a nanny before coming to Canada, you can already change your WP so it would be under the LCP by sending a new WP/visa application to one of the visa/consulates in the US. You don't need to pay an agency to do that.

maricar.lala said:
hi jobseeker,

maricar.lala

Apr 2, 2011
I didn't have any training nor experience. the employer who hired didn't mind it and we just tried our luck, we applied thru Vegreville and they issued me a permit but a non-LCP one. :)

maricar.lala

Apr 2, 2011
my 1st year is over now and I am submitting my application to Buffalo tomorrow. This time it is for an LCP permit. Hopefully I wont have any problems though my nanny experience was within Canada. :)

cutiecute

Jun 29, 2012
hello everyone! my work permit will be expired soon.. i'm working at senior homecare as a cleaner.. do i need to apply for a new lmo before i apply for the extension of my work permit? can somebody help me? please.. thank so much.. Smiley