+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need a job offer at the port of entry with my sowp letter of introduction?

Willy0511

Feb 8, 2022
Hi there, I was approved for my sowp from the states, and would love to come to Canada through land border. Does anyone know if I need a job offer when I am at the border to receive my work permit? Really appreciate for sharing your experience with me. Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there, I was approved for my sowp from the states, and would love to come to Canada through land border. Does anyone know if I need a job offer when I am at the border to receive my work permit? Really appreciate for sharing your experience with me. Thank you!
You do not need a job offer as it is an open work permit.

mayh

Apr 27, 2022
Hi I'm applying for SOWP from the US as well. Today I got the Passport Request Letter. However, I don't see anything related to the work permit. Is this normal at all? My spouse when he receive his Passport Request, there was also a study permit barcode something so they would scan it and give him the actual study permit at the border. Thank you in advance for any help!!

Willy0511

Feb 8, 2022
Hi I'm applying for SOWP from the US as well. Today I got the Passport Request Letter. However, I don't see anything related to the work permit. Is this normal at all? My spouse when he receive his Passport Request, there was also a study permit barcode something so they would scan it and give him the actual study permit at the border. Thank you in advance for any help!!
Not so sure if you're talking about letter of introduction. You may need to wait a day or two to get it. Contact IRCC if you don't see it in the near future.