+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO I NEED A GUARANTOR FOR MY CANADIAN PASSPORT APPLICATION ???

Ajay Kafle

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
I RECENTLY BECOME A CANADIAN CITIZEN AND SOON I M GOING TO APPLY FOR MY CANADIAN PASSPORT SO DO I NEED A GUARANTOR FOR MY APPLICATION ???

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ajay Kafle said:
I RECENTLY BECOME A CANADIAN CITIZEN AND SOON I M GOING TO APPLY FOR MY CANADIAN PASSPORT SO DO I NEED A GUARANTOR FOR MY APPLICATION ???
Yes you do. Please check the Passport Canada website for more details and make sure your guarantor signs the back of your Photo.

Duties of a guarantor
Your guarantor must perform the following tasks free of charge:

Complete and sign the "Declaration of Guarantor" section of your application form.
Write, "I certify this to be a true likeness of (name of applicant or child)" on the back of one of the passport photos and sign.
If applicable, sign and date a copy of each document to support your identity.
The applicant must not assist the guarantor in performing his or her duties. If your guarantor requires assistance, contact Passport Canada.

Eligible guarantors
Your guarantor must:

Hold a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that is valid or has been expired for no more than one year, on the day you submit your application;
Have known you (the applicant) personally for at least two (2) years.
In the case of a child, the guarantor must have known you (the parent or legal guardian who is applying on behalf of the child) personally for at least two (2) years and must have knowledge of the child;
Be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older;
Have been 16 years of age or older when he or she applied for his or her own passport;
Provide the requested information contained in his or her passport;
Be accessible to Passport Canada for verification;