+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to take my kids for test and/or interview?

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Hi all,

Got our test date on 3rd June at 8:30AM. Forum members say there will be an interview following the test. Do I have to take my kids for any of those? They are 10 years and 5 years old, not born in Canada. I have been trying to get this info from the call centre since morning but somehow calls are getting disconnected automatically. Please reply and thanks.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Children under the age of 14 are not required to attend an interview.

Good Luck!

joy4u said:
Hi all,

Got our test date on 3rd June at 8:30AM. Forum members say there will be an interview following the test. Do I have to take my kids for any of those? They are 10 years and 5 years old, not born in Canada. I have been trying to get this info from the call centre since morning but somehow calls are getting disconnected automatically. Please reply and thanks.

msvadi

Sep 11, 2013
joy4u said:
Hi all,

I had exactly the same question, thanks for asking and good luck on your test.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
msvadi said:
I had exactly the same question, thanks for asking and good luck on your test.
Thanks and wishing the same to you too. Where are you going for the test? Our's is in Scarborough.

janoo

May 16, 2014
daktrader.. any luck , am watching your time line .. 51 months ??

my time line January 5th, 2012
in process : May1st, 2012.
RQ March 14th, 2013.
RQ Replied April 25, 2013.

Since no action from st.clair ? am 60 years old, no test needed ?

any suggestion..

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No luck so far..
Just the normal statement by the CIC that the RQ is assigned to a CO for review...
Dont know how much longer I shall have to go through this misery.

janoo said:
daktrader.. any luck , am watching your time line .. 51 months ??

my time line January 5th, 2012
in process : May1st, 2012.
RQ March 14th, 2013.
RQ Replied April 25, 2013.

Since no action from st.clair ? am 60 years old, no test needed ?

any suggestion..

Elffriend

Apr 23, 2014
Any child who was under 18 at the time you applied does not have to take the test or be interviewed. Any child currently over the age of 14 must take the citizenship oath.

My kids are 16 and 20 and we just took our oaths last month. Even though my daughter is 20, she was only 17 when we applied, so did not have to take the test or have an interview.

When my husband and I went for the test/interview, we brought not only our own requested documents (passports, PR cards etc) but those for our children. The interviewer did not even want to see the kids' paperwork.

batoum

Mar 26, 2013
If I well understood Elffriend, no worries about the papers ( passports and Pr cards) of my kids (4 an 6 years old) when i go for the test since I am expecting the test when they travel for vaction with their mam (for 2 months in this summer). thx.