+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to submit my bank statements?

junketsu

Mar 23, 2015
I am applying for a startup visa. In the checklist it says that I should provide proof of funds.

I had my bank produce a letter certifying that I have X amount in my bank account. So that should be enough, right?

... Or do I have to submit my past months bank statements as well? I hope not, because I would have to translate them, and they are LOTS of papers, ending up being super expensive.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Are you funding your business by yourself or did you have to look for angel investors or a professional organisation to fund your idea.

A friend of mine is looking for something similar and do not know what the best route is.

Please advise.

Thanks

junketsu

Mar 23, 2015
pkssandhu said:
Are you funding your business by yourself or did you have to look for angel investors or a professional organisation to fund your idea.

A friend of mine is looking for something similar and do not know what the best route is.

Please advise.

Thanks
We are funding it by ourselves. We got a canadian letter of support allowing us to apply for the startup visa.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
junketsu said:
We are funding it by ourselves. We got a canadian letter of support allowing us to apply for the startup visa.
Sweet! May I ask who can provide a Canadian letter of support?

Thanks

junketsu

Mar 23, 2015
pkssandhu said:
Sweet! May I ask who can provide a Canadian letter of support?

Thanks
At cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/start-up/eligibility.asp it says

Before you apply for the start-up visa, you must convince a designated organization to support your business idea. If the designated organization supports your business idea, it will give you a Letter of Support.
In our case, we got our letter of support from a Business Incubator.

Go to cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/start-up/eligibility/entities.asp and click on the "Business Incubators" tab. If you convince any of them that your startup is a good idea, then they will give you a letter of support.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
junketsu said:

Go to cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/start-up/eligibility/entities.asp and click on the "Business Incubators" tab. If you convince any of them that your startup is a good idea, then they will give you a letter of support.
Thank you very much for your replies junketsu. I will look into that and all the best to you.

Cheers !!

antonioneto

Dec 17, 2015
junketsu said:

Hi junketsu! I think you'are in Canada at this time, aren't you? How're the things going on?

Well, I plan apply for startup visa as you did, and I'd like some help with the follow topics:
- What did you have to do to convince the Incubator? Meetings by skype, recorded videos with a pitch, bussiness plan... how was the process?
- Was your bussiness in which phase? Pre-operation, early stage, just concept...?
- How many partners the business have? All of them gone with you or some remain in Costa Rica?

Thank you and good luck!