+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to re-apply for Visa if I defer an intake?

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Hi,
I have a similar doubt. I applied for my Study Permit for the January intake but because of the current circumstances, I have decided to defer to the September intake. In case, I do get approval, will I have to re-apply for Visa or can I use the same approval letter at the borders and show them my new Acceptance Letter (with the new dates)? Will that be enough? Or will I have to re-apply?

jackie9493

Jul 27, 2019
If you got your study permit and approved for the visa, then you can go to your account on the IRCC website and change your date of studies there, you shouldn't have problems for changing the dates or your studies. You can research more after you got the study permit.

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
Hi, I deferred my intake from January to September since I didn't get my Visa by the deadline given by the college. I got my new Letter of Acceptance and raised a web form a week ago. I have now received a Correspondence Letter. Is this the Letter of Introduction as well? It's written in here, that my biometrics is valid till 2030/12/03(yy/mm/dd). So now, I can travel to Canada (by August) with this Letter, my new Letter of Acceptance and new CAQ right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I deferred my intake from January to September since I didn't get my Visa by the deadline given by the college. I got my new Letter of Acceptance and raised a web form a week ago. I have now received a Correspondence Letter. Is this the Letter of Introduction as well? It's written in here, that my biometrics is valid till 2030/12/03(yy/mm/dd). So now, I can travel to Canada (by August) with this Letter, my new Letter of Acceptance and new CAQ right?
How can you travel to canada without an approved study permit? Is the college one of the suspende schools?

GKAUL

Nov 27, 2020
I just received a correspondence letter indicating biometrics validity in my GC key account. And i think i mistook it as my Letter of Introduction. What is the purpose of a correspondence letter?

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Is anyone received the CAQ after they released that colleges which were suspended ?