+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to mention my uncle in PR application?

Arefe

Apr 12, 2023
I have submitted my Express Entry profile and got eligible for Federal Skilled Worker and got a PNP as well. I have received an ITA. In my Express Entry profile, I indicated that my uncle is a citizen of Canada. Now in the PR application, they ask this question again, and if I say yes, I need to submit proof of relationship with him along with proof of citizenship. But we are kind of distant and I am not sure if he would be willing to help me. It's too hard to get these documents. Can I just say "no" to the question that my uncle lives in Canada? and upload a letter of explanation? do they check the express entry forms as well?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submitted my Express Entry profile and got eligible for Federal Skilled Worker and got a PNP as well. I have received an ITA. In my Express Entry profile, I indicated that my uncle is a citizen of Canada. Now in the PR application, they ask this question again, and if I say yes, I need to submit proof of relationship with him along with proof of citizenship. But we are kind of distant and I am not sure if he would be willing to help me. It's too hard to get these documents. Can I just say "no" to the question that my uncle lives in Canada? and upload a letter of explanation? do they check the express entry forms as well?
I think you should try to reach out to your uncle and see if he is willing to give you any help.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
This is fine in case you don't want to reach out, since you were already able to qualify for FSW without the points from a relative in Canada.

Arefe

Apr 12, 2023
This is fine in case you don't want to reach out, since you were already able to qualify for FSW without the points from a relative in Canada.
should I explain it in a letter? or can just say no in the application without any explanation?