+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to mention INTERSHIP on my STUDY PERMIT app?? - URGENT!!

Mamousa

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Dear All,

I 'm in the process of applying for a Study Permit, my program includes an internship on the last semester.
I got the Letter of Acceptance from the college mentioning the overall duration of the program (Start & End Dates) without anything about the nature of every semester.
I have checked the CIC website thoroughly, I got the understanding that the Co-op or Internship work permit is separate than the study permit.
And that I will need a valid study permit in order to apply for an Internship work permit which makes sense.

However when I started to apply online, I had to go through a questionnaire which asks about if I'll work off-campus or not & when I choose no.
The result was a study permit with no work permit, There was no question regarding internship at all, but when I checked the application package I found that it's the same package for Off-Campus & Internship, so I got a bit confused.

My question is, Is it fine for the Letter of Acceptance not to mention about the internship semester at all?
Will I get another letter for the internship before the semester & why don't I get it now?
May I have a problem with CIC later, as I 'll apply for the internship from Canada this way?

Anybody who had experience with this, Need you help.

Thanks in advance.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U can apply for a coop work permit in the last sememster before the commencement of ur coop and you shall be granted as it is lart of the program.