+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to inform Canada immigration?

Ten1010

Jun 30, 2020
Hi,
I'm married for 5 yrs now but I recently got divorced. Now the problem is that when I applied for student visa this January 2020, I applied as married ...and by end of march I got my visa approved for may intake.

But due to covid 19, everything got cancelled. My marriage also went worst. We couldn't adjust and end up divorcing. Luckily when I applied for student visa, my wife wasn't interested to travel to Canada..so I didn't add her on spouse visa. And I only got my student visa approved.

Now my worry is...do I need to declare it to immigration officer once I land Canada on sept or if I shift to Jan intake due to covid that I got divorced recently? Or I need to fill some form to update? If so...how?where? Plz help....

Most important...will it affect my student visa? Will they cancel my visa? And if officer doesn't ask any marriage related questions and only ask abt my college n course name...do I need to update them despite ?

Plz help...I'm very confused.... Can I inform them once I reach Canada or update online that I got divorced? Help plzzz... And if I say I'm divorced..do I need to show proof? I read somewhere that we don't need to inform them ...that we only need to inform if we are applying for PR... I'm confused...help plzz

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Hi,
I'm married for 5 yrs now but I recently got divorced. Now the problem is that when I applied for student visa this January 2020, I applied as married ...and by end of march I got my visa approved for may intake.

But due to covid 19, everything got cancelled. My marriage also went worst. We couldn't adjust and end up divorcing. Luckily when I applied for student visa, my wife wasn't interested to travel to Canada..so I didn't add her on spouse visa. And I only got my student visa approved.

Now my worry is...do I need to declare it to immigration officer once I land Canada on sept or if I shift to Jan intake due to covid that I got divorced recently? Or I need to fill some form to update? If so...how?where? Plz help....

Most important...will it affect my student visa? Will they cancel my visa? And if officer doesn't ask any marriage related questions and only ask abt my college n course name...do I need to update them despite ?

Plz help...I'm very confused.... Can I inform them once I reach Canada or update online that I got divorced? Help plzzz... And if I say I'm divorced..do I need to show proof? I read somewhere that we don't need to inform them ...that we only need to inform if we are applying for PR... I'm confused...help plzz
They could care less.