+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to buy a round-trip airline ticket before applying for Visitor Visa?

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi seniors,

I am a Canadian PR and plan to invite my mother to visit my family for a short time. Do I have to buy a round-trip airline ticket before applying a Visitor Visa for her and include the ticket when I submit the online application for her? Thanks!

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi,

Yes u need to provide return air ticket to make ur application stronger. Moreover airticket is mentioned in CIC document checklist , that means it is mandatory.

Hope it helps!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
lhyyym said:
Hi seniors,

I am a Canadian PR and plan to invite my mother to visit my family for a short time. Do I have to buy a round-trip airline ticket before applying a Visitor Visa for her and include the ticket when I submit the online application for her? Thanks!
No, it is not necessary to buy round trip tickets before applying.

Confirmed flight tickets will not make your mom's TRV application any stronger. Evidence of ties to her home country is what matters. Also, what if the TRV processing time crosses the intended flight date?

You can submit provisional tickets and mention that these tickets will be confirmed/booked when the TRV is issued

M

mikeymyke

maddyavula said:
Hi,

Yes u need to provide return air ticket to make ur application stronger. Moreover airticket is mentioned in CIC document checklist , that means it is mandatory.

Hope it helps!
That's not true at all. All you need is a flight itinerary from Expedia or some other source. My wife got her visitor visa without having to buy any tickets. It's extremely unwise to buy tickets before even getting a visa. What if your visa is refused and you cannot get a refund on the tickets?

Nowhere does it say on the CIC document checklist that flight tickets are required.