+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to be a full-time student for May intake?

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi,

I applied for U of Winnipeg in Manitoba. I just wonder if Spring semester (May intake) is my first semester, do I have to be a full-time student or part-time would be ok? Since the courses are condensed, and I'm waiting for my transfer credit result. Can I work off-campus during this time? Is the Spring semester generally considered as a regularly scheduled break?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I applied for U of Winnipeg in Manitoba. I just wonder if Spring semester (May intake) is my first semester, do I have to be a full-time student or part-time would be ok? Since the courses are condensed, and I'm waiting for my transfer credit result. Can I work off-campus during this time? Is the Spring semester generally considered as a regularly scheduled break?

Thanks.
You need to be a full time student. If you are only a part time student, you cannot work at all off campus and you may also put your PGWP in jeopardy.

Reactions: vhptanh@97

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
You need to be a full time student. If you are only a part time student, you cannot work at all off campus and you may also put your PGWP in jeopardy.
Thanks. So if I'm a full-time student, then can I work full-time or part-time only? What would be considered as a regularly scheduled break then? As to my understanding, Spring semester is like summer semester, and it's optional.
If I'm a full-time student during Spring and Fall, then I can take a break in Winter? If it's Fall intake, I need to be full-time student during Fall and WInter, and Spring is optional (means I can study part-time and work full-time)? Am I understanding it right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks. So if I'm a full-time student, then can I work full-time or part-time only? What would be considered as a regularly scheduled break then? As to my understanding, Spring semester is like summer semester, and it's optional.
If I'm a full-time student during Spring and Fall, then I can take a break in Winter? If it's Fall intake, I need to be full-time student during Fall and WInter, and Spring is optional (means I can study part-time and work full-time)? Am I understanding it right?
If you are a full time student, you can work a maximum of 20 hours per week off campus during semesters. You can work full time during scheudled breaks only. What is considered a regularly scheduled break depends on the program you are taking and when it starts. If your program starts with the Spring semester for example, then Spring is not a scheduled break.