+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? Married..

mani9988

Apr 28, 2017
Hi Guys,
I'm filling out my Express entry application and came across this question: Do i have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada?

I am on a working holiday visa (IEC) and i am married in Canada, my wife is a Canadian citizen living in Canada, does this mean i answer YES? Or is it NO considering she isn't Mother/Father/Sibling?

Thanks for the help!!!

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mani9988 said:
Hi Guys,
I'm filling out my Express entry application and came across this question: Do i have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada?

I am on a working holiday visa (IEC) and i am married in Canada, my wife is a Canadian citizen living in Canada, does this mean i answer YES? Or is it NO considering she isn't Mother/Father/Sibling?

Thanks for the help!!!
No, relative is for bloodline. Your wife don't share the same blood with you.

You have the section for spouse separately. What did you answer there? If you answer your wife will come with you, there should be another drop down list to choose whether she is citizen or pr.

mani9988

Apr 28, 2017
OdinNguyen said:

You have the section for spouse separately. What did you answer there? If you answer your wife will come with you, there should be another drop down list to choose whether she is citizen or pr.
Ok thanks! I answered "Married" in the Marital status section. And accompanying me to Canada as "NO" I assumed this was the case because she is already in Canada and wont technically be coming with me??

sby123

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
OdinNguyen said:
This is not 100% accurate,you don't need to share blood in order to be awarded sibling point.
https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cicnews.com/2017/03/slight-changes-canada-express-entry-immigration-system-coming-june-039007.html/amp

pilot747

Mar 9, 2015
According to CIC glossary

Relative - A person who is related to another person by blood or adoption.

Reference - Check CIC glossary

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hi,
I have a question. I am principal applicant and my wife's brother is PR in Canada.

There is question for both, Myself and spouse in Express Entry.
Does NAME have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada.) (required)

For myself, what should I select yes or No?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Hi,
I have a question. I am principal applicant and my wife's brother is PR in Canada.

There is question for both, Myself and spouse in Express Entry.
Does NAME have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada.) (required)

For myself, what should I select yes or No?
For you, no. For your spouse, yes. Good luck!