+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I actually get points for my certificate evaluation in EE?

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
Hello…I have two questions and I hope someone here could help me with some answers.
1. Would I actually get points for evaluating my first degree certificate from my home country? i asked because i did the evaluation and my EE points is still the same.
2. I worked full time for 2 years as a crane operator from my previous job. I have work 1 year 4 months in my new job in the community and social services NOC code. Within this year of work, I started as causal worker, before moving to full time temporarily. So far I have accumulated 1056 of work hours because as a causal worker I wasn’t getting more hours. Should in case I get ITA, will the hours be a problem in my application and cause my rejection for PR. However, I am using both jobs in my EE and I can get letter of reference from both jobs. Thank you and I please need someone with more information to help me with answers.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello…I have two questions and I hope someone here could help me with some answers.
1. Would I actually get points for evaluating my first degree certificate from my home country? i asked because i did the evaluation and my EE points is still the same.
2. I worked full time for 2 years as a crane operator from my previous job. I have work 1 year 4 months in my new job in the community and social services NOC code. Within this year of work, I started as causal worker, before moving to full time temporarily. So far I have accumulated 1056 of work hours because as a causal worker I wasn’t getting more hours. Should in case I get ITA, will the hours be a problem in my application and cause my rejection for PR. However, I am using both jobs in my EE and I can get letter of reference from both jobs. Thank you and I please need someone with more information to help me with answers.
1. Don’t know. Assume you studied in Canada? What was the program?
2. It is based on years and hours. If you don’t have the hours that meet full-time requirements then you need to work more months. You are short 400 hours. And yes, PR can be rejected if your hours don’t meet requirements for a year.

This means you worked a total of 30 hours per week for 1 year in the 3 years before you apply.

For example:

1. Full-time at 1 job
    Thirty hours per week for 12 months is equal to 1 year full-time (1,560 hours).
  2. Equal amount in part-time work
    Fifteen hours per week for 24 months is equal to 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
  3. Full-time work at more than 1 job
    Thirty hours per week for 12 months at more than 1 job is equal to 1 year full time (1,560 hours).
    We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours per week.

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
Thank you for the response. But can’t my application qualify for PR base on my previous job? Because I have 2 years of crane operator in my previous job. In EE I only meet requirements, thus FSWP and CEC. Can my assessment be done on CEC?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the response. But can’t my application qualify for PR base on my previous job? Because I have 2 years of crane operator in my previous job. In EE I only meet requirements, thus FSWP and CEC. Can my assessment be done on CEC?
Never said you couldn’t use job as crane operator. What years did you work as a crane operator in Canada? Your second job is 1 year 4 months but not full time. So it may not or may not equal one year. You need to calculate that.

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
crane operator since September 2021 and i stopped working in November 2023 and i was full-time in that position. so them will i need to take out my new job from EE. I want to be evaluated base on my previous job. thanks i really appreciate your time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
crane operator since September 2021 and i stopped working in November 2023 and i was full-time in that position. so them will i need to take out my new job from EE. I want to be evaluated base on my previous job. thanks i really appreciate your time.
So the crane operator is your primary NOC. If Canadian experience, you will lose CRS points starting in September so you will have one year of Canadian experience.

Don’t understand your timelines as you finished crane operator job in November 2023 but have over 1 year as social worker. That doesn’t add up. You only count the hours and year not that two jobs give you 3+ years.

Sept 2021-Nov 2023 - Crane operator (2 years full time)
Dec 2023 - present. Social worker (3 months - full time?)

Reactions: Fkama027

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
Previous Job:
started 22nd June 2020, qualified as a crane operator on September, 7th 2021 and stopped working as crane operator on 26th October 2023.

Current Job:
started November 2022 as causal worker and became full-time temporary October 2023 and that makes me 1 year, 3 months. So i actually started full-time temporary in October 2023 and my current hours is 40 a week, even though calculations are made on 30 hour per week.

In my EE, i have current job as social worker and previous job as crane operator. My question is since i have not accumulated the 1560 hours in my current social worker job position and also it not being a permanent job yet, will officers review my documents and consider me under CEC base on my crane operator NOC code? and should i remove my current job in my EE, even though i may loss points and just keep previous job? My PGWP will expire on June 2024 and my current EE score is 511. i want to have a complete understanding my chances of getting ITA and submitting my application to qualify for PR. Thank you and i hope this gives you more understanding of my situation and how best you can assist me more. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Previous Job:
started 22nd June 2020, qualified as a crane operator on September, 7th 2021 and stopped working as crane operator on 26th October 2023.

Current Job:
started November 2022 as causal worker and became full-time temporary October 2023 and that makes me 1 year, 3 months. So i actually started full-time temporary in October 2023 and my current hours is 40 a week, even though calculations are made on 30 hour per week.

In my EE, i have current job as social worker and previous job as crane operator. My question is since i have not accumulated the 1560 hours in my current social worker job position and also it not being a permanent job yet, will officers review my documents and consider me under CEC base on my crane operator NOC code? and should i remove my current job in my EE, even though i may loss points and just keep previous job? My PGWP will expire on June 2024 and my current EE score is 511. i want to have a complete understanding my chances of getting ITA and submitting my application to qualify for PR. Thank you and i hope this gives you more understanding of my situation and how best you can assist me more. Thanks
You cannot overlap jobs. You are eligible for PR. Crane operator is eligible for CEC. If there is a draw 511 and above you will get ITA. Use CO as your primary NOC with 2 years experience.