+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do CIC officers have Cbsa report with them at time of interview?

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please share your experience
I am just wondering, since we.provided them with authorization to contact Cbsa to have travel report, if they do it and have the report ready at hand at time of interview

taradil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2010
I doubt it, I read in so many threads some officers feel some sense of relief when applicants bring the report with them for the interview especially if he or she has missing stamps or plenty of them that the 5 or 10 min interview is not enough to go through them all.
A lady had many many stamps missing during the interview was told that time is not enough to go through them was told by the officer they will need to contact cbsa , which means he did not have the report handy in front of him.
I guess the authorization to get cbsa report is used after the fact ( missing stamps or confusion with them)

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Flocan said:
I am just wondering, since we.provided them with authorization to contact Cbsa to have travel report, if they do it and have the report ready at hand at time of interview
In my case yes , she show me the cbsa report and told me about one discrepancy between my declaration and the cbsa report , I landed in canada on August 1
and the report show August 2 , the thing is my flight arrived around mid night 11:30 so my explanation stamp was on August and afterward time flipped to the next day at the time they entered it in the system .

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saloo Thanks a lot for your answer
Could you please tell me when was your interview?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You absolutely need to assume that they will have the report. This is primary information directly related to your physical presence and your credibility.

In my interview in March (pre-test RQ) the officer had the report and had spent time reviewing it.

If you're going to the interview and there are absences that you are trying to hide or relevant information that you hope the officer will not notice, you would be wise to speak with a lawyer first for legal advice.

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eileenf I hide nothing and declared each and every absence
The only thing is that I have two 1 day trips by road to Usa I declared have no stamps in my passeport

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems like everything's fine whether they have the CBSA report or not, but in my opinion, one should assume that they have it, especially for pre-test RQ cases. Day trips to the US are normal for many residents of Canada, as are lack of passport stamps.

What is your worry? What are you trying to figure out?

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Flocan said:
Eileenf I hide nothing and declared each and every absence
The only thing is that I have two 1 day trips by road to Usa I declared have no stamps in my passeport
Flocan, if you are concerned, better order one CBSA report. Even the officer has one, you also have one to compare. And you can learn first about every absence, so you will be able to answer all the officer's questions immediately.
I think the best thing to do is to zoom-photocopy every page of your passport, match it with CBSA report, and getting familiar with every stamp. So in the interview, you will be able to explain every single stamp.

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eileenf Ok great then everything is fine
I was wondering because if they have the report on the spot it makes the process faster than if they have to order it

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blt my interview is next week I have no timeto order it

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Flocan said:
Blt my interview is next week I have no timeto order it
Then zoom photocopy every page of your passport, and get familiar with every stamp. If I were you, I would prepare myself with some proofs like credit card slips on those days I returned from USA without stamps, to show that I was back in Canada.
For example, if you declared that you returned on 1st January 2012, but no return-stamp on your passport, bring some credit card or debet slips that you used on 2nd January 2012 in Canada to show that you were in Canada, not the whole bank statement, but just few invoices.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flocan said:
Doubt it. Mine had to be attained after I gave them my consent during the interview. It usually,they claim, takes 2 days to get your passport records but who knows...

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=827&t=5

Do I need to ask the Canada Border Services Agency for a history of entries when applying for citizenship?
No. Check the “Yes” box for Question 9D “History of Entries to Canada” on your citizenship application. This will give us permission to get your history of entries from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). It will also take less time than you asking the CBSA for your history.

We use your history of entries to make sure that you have been in Canada long enough to qualify for citizenship.

If you do not check the “Yes” box, you may be asked to send a request for personal information to the CBSA to get your history of entries. Doing this may make the time to process your application longer than the routine processing times for citizenship.